TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Money

1. Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    And you will be doing nothing to help fix the issue. I'm sure once it is fully resolved and we are winning again you will be back on the bandwagon supporting "your team". Got to love the fair weather.

There are a whole lot more like me.

The administration doesn't care to fix the situation, so I don't care to show up.

CTS is a horrible hire. He is wrecking the program.

They at least have to replace these HS idiot coaches who turned our dangerous offense into something pathetic.

We have lost to some of the worst teams we have ever played. I was around for Stowers. This is so much worse.

2. Default Re: Money

TK and higher ups know what we think.

They should have made the smart choice andcut our losses with this staff.

Next season will be far worse.

Default Re: Money

First of all, you know we hired him because we don't have enough money to hire better.
    With all due respect, this is pure nonsense. I'm pretty much certain Jamey Chadwell, Mike Houston, and Russ Huesman are all affordable, and John Grass likely is, too. I'm 99.999% sure all would have won more than 5 games this year, too.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I'm saying we wouldn't have even been hiring if we had more money. Fritz would be on year 3 with the program.
    That's not what you said. However, not to state the blatantly obvious, but that is a problem every program outside of the top 25% of the P5 has.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    The money folks donate to college athletic programs or colleges in general is discretionary income, not a tax, and certainly not a tithe. By its very definition its allocation is subject to the satisfaction of the customer. If the customer doesn't like a product he doesn't buy it. If the customer doesn't like the values a person (in this case person is a corporate entity) extols they have the right- and perhaps the responsibility to their personal ethos- to withhold support and to seek a product that satisfies them or lines up with those values.

No amount of passive aggressive guilt tripping will change those basic tenets. A good businessman knows that and presents a product to the public that will attract the use and support of its product voluntary, and perhaps most importantly, a good businessman listens to his customers and doesn't belittle them.
    Georgia Southern University Fightin' Widgets

People who don't buy tickets or donate because they don't like the product are not fans or boosters, they are customers.

Sports is entertainment to most GS fans. It is simple you dont put an entertaining product on the field then the money dries up. All the hokey true blue statements does not change that for us or Alabama. Alabama's next coach goes 5-7 and support will fall off as well.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    People who don't buy tickets or donate because they don't like the product are not fans or boosters, they are customers.
    And there areally plenty of customers in this thread. Not to say that it is a bad thing. The university needs customers as well as fans. But if you're thinking about lessening your monetary contributions (in what ever form you give) because of our season, you are not helping. You may be helping your self, but not the team...in any way. No one knows what another cheap coach could have done, and it will never be proven. What we do know is good coaches coast more money than poor ones. That is fact. The more money the program generates the better the coaching will become. You can justify your lack of commitment to this program however you want. What ever makes you sleep better at night. At the end of the day it makes you a consumer...not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    Not true.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

10. Default Re: Money

Easy yall are sounding like me...lol