TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 120

Thread: Money

  1. #31

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEagle View Post
    Easy yall are sounding like me...lol
    Candidate for post of the year.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  2. #32

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Welp one more year....no donation from me until we hit 9 wins again.
    You're right they are fair weather fans.

  3. Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    With all due respect, this is pure nonsense. I'm pretty much certain Jamey Chadwell, Mike Houston, and Russ Huesman are all affordable, and John Grass likely is, too. I'm 99.999% sure all would have won more than 5 games this year, too.
    Idiot playcalling cost us at least 3 winnable games.

    And I also despise this "not enough money" garbage. No HS coaches get paid anywhere near these guys-and we have the right to expect better work for that pay. (And let's be honest, this staff doesn't even qualify as good for HS level play.)

  4. #34

    Default Re: Money

    I think people should absolutely hold their money. Giving less money will give less money to help buyout the coach they don't like. It will also take away from other Georgia Southern sports. And nobody really cares about helping those sports so why should they give to them? I mean it's football or nothing. Hail Southern and no place else. Unless one sport isn't doing well.

  5. Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    People who don't buy tickets or donate because they don't like the product are not fans or boosters, they are customers.
    We have been "customers" since we mailed in our application and application fee's to the university for admittance. Universities are a business, academically and athletically.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    And there areally plenty of customers in this thread. Not to say that it is a bad thing. The university needs customers as well as fans. But if you're thinking about lessening your monetary contributions (in what ever form you give) because of our season, you are not helping. You may be helping your self, but not the team...in any way. No one knows what another cheap coach could have done, and it will never be proven. What we do know is good coaches coast more money than poor ones. That is fact. The more money the program generates the better the coaching will become. You can justify your lack of commitment to this program however you want. What ever makes you sleep better at night. At the end of the day it makes you a consumer...not a fan.
    Regarding football this statement is factually inaccurate. Our GSUAF budget in 2012 according to the annual report was around 4.5 million it is now 20 million. We've generated 4.5 times the revenue and our coaching ain't improved.

  7. Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We have been "customers" since we mailed in our application and application fee's to the university for admittance. Universities are a business, academically and athletically.
    We are all customers. If the Georgia Southern football product is of bad or inferior quality, then as customers we purchase less and the merchandise as a whole will suffer.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Regarding football this statement is factually inaccurate. Our GSUAF budget in 2012 according to the annual report was around 4.5 million it is now 20 million. We've generated 4.5 times the revenue and our coaching ain't improved.
    Best coaches in college football work work what programs? Why do they work there? Are they paid higher or lower than Summers? I'll hang up and listen.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    We are all customers. If the Georgia Southern football product is of bad or inferior quality, then as customers we purchase less and the merchandise as a whole will suffer.
    That's not the way we all work.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    Best coaches in college football work work what programs? Why do they work there? Are they paid higher or lower than Summers? I'll hang up and listen.
    Are you talking about the 2 or 3 elite coaches in the country or just the best coaches in the country? Many of the best coaches in the country are coaching for different salary points.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Similar Threads

  1. Playoff Money
    By Tampa_Jax_Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th December 2011, 11:20 PM
  2. Easy money?
    By gsu2583 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 15th October 2011, 02:13 PM
  3. FBS Money
    By gsugt1 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th November 2009, 08:44 PM
  4. big money...
    By eagleone in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd June 2009, 10:28 AM
  5. For you that say MONEY is the ISSUE
    By EagleEND88 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 7th February 2009, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •