TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 55 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

1. Default Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

2. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

They are announcing a study to merge, but people involved are optimistic... I like it!

Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Let's just please not go through all the tomfoolery of a name change like MCG.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

4. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Pretty sure we are sticking with "Georgia Southern University" as Kennesaw and Albany State did

5. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We're a national university with a brand. Rebranding would take so much time and resources so it's more likely that we will be GSU and GSU-Savannah

6. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

How is ASU's basketball arena? lol It cannot be worse then Hanner, can it?

7. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    How is ASU's basketball arena? lol It cannot be worse then Hanner, can it?
    Oh but it can.

its basically a really nice high school gym

8. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

The big question is will we see a decrease in student population in Statesboro overtime since a lot of our students are from the Savannah area?

Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    The big question is will we see a decrease in student population in Statesboro overtime since a lot of our students are from the Savannah area?
    Not if you limit that campus to only a few colleges and grad students. There's always going to be classes you have to take in Statesboro. It really depends. But it does create an interesting dynamic to have another large campus in our orbit. This is us planting our flag in Savannah once and for all.

10. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Good question, but I doubt we would lose students to that campus that are from Savannah. I would think they would want to get away from home (I know I did), but I could see that location being more popular to some students from outside the region just because it is Savannah.