TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    Will there be any new programs added to GSU with the new merger? It would be neat to get a land grant program started here.
    I believe we will add some programs that Armstrong offered but we did not. I have not heard about any that are new to both Universities.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Saw where GS was approved by the BOR to offer in state tuition at Liberty and Armstrong to residents of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee. I think Armstrong had been offering out of state tuition waivers to all of those except Tennessee for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Saw where GS was approved by the BOR to offer in state tuition at Liberty and Armstrong to residents of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee. I think Armstrong had been offering out of state tuition waivers to all of those except Tennessee for a little while.
    Might as well do the same for North Carolina too!

Go BIG and offer it to the entire LOWER 48!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    That actually helps athletics by cutting tuition costs for recruits from those states by 74% or $13,500 per student per year. How many athletes are on scholarship from those states?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    That actually helps athletics by cutting tuition costs for recruits from those states by 74% or $13,500 per student per year. How many athletes are on scholarship from those states?
    I think the waiver is for the Armstrong and Liberty campuses and does not include the Statesboro campus. I may be wrong, but that is the way I read it.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    I think the waiver is for the Armstrong and Liberty campuses and does not include the Statesboro campus. I may be wrong, but that is the way I read it.
    That is correct. It will not affect students matriculating on the Statesboro campus.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Anything to fill those dorms up down there at Armstrong, they've been about half empty for sometime, so bad they were renting them out to Savannah State students. And to think, the BOR views ASU our EQUALS in this "merger". What's a guy to do.

I thought there were restrictions on that out of state tuition thing, maybe only the several counties in SC and FL that directly border Georgia are eligible or something? I could be wrong, I just thought I read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I thought there were restrictions on that out of state tuition thing, maybe only the several counties in SC and FL that directly border Georgia are eligible or something? I could be wrong, I just thought I read that somewhere.
    For the Statesboro campus.

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    That is correct. It will not affect students matriculating on the Statesboro campus.
    Bummer.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA