TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 545

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

  1. #491

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Anything to fill those dorms up down there at Armstrong, they've been about half empty for sometime, so bad they were renting them out to Savannah State students. And to think, the BOR views ASU our EQUALS in this "merger". What's a guy to do.
    Perspective, garns.

    Which school is keeping their name and all the branding for athletics, here?

    Now I will agree Savannah and Statesboro don't seem to be "equals" in this merger.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  2. #492

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Perspective, garns.

    Which school is keeping their name and all the branding for athletics, here?

    Now I will agree Savannah and Statesboro don't seem to be "equals" in this merger.
    Navigating Savannah politics is tricky. First, remember that the money in Savannah cares only about UGA but will pay lip service to Armstrong and bend over backwards to appear kind to Savannah State.

    Savannah has shifted dramatically to the Left over the last 20 years with an influx of people from the Northeast migrating, the growth of SCAD, and the continued downward spiral of the Savannah-Chatham public education system.

    Because of this shift, symbolism is much more important than substance. Savannah needs to appear to have been treated as more than equal in this deal and 10 years from now, Armstrong will be called the Savannah campus of GA Southern. We can be grateful that the Savannah campus and Coastal center only require a person to enter the periphery.

    Many Savannahians have fled to Tybee, the islands, Pooler, Pt Wentworth, Bloomingdale, and Bryan, Effingham, and Bulloch counties for a reason.

  3. #493
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Oconee & Savannah
    Posts
    1,382

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Perspective, garns.

    Which school is keeping their name and all the branding for athletics, here?

    Now I will agree Savannah and Statesboro don't seem to be "equals" in this merger.
    Garns has repetitively shown he has some axe to grind over this merger. To me it has gotten old. I would suggest he should get over it or lay it out for others to see. Believe me Armstrong did not seek this consolidation and given a choice they would vote heavily against it. Garns, please stop acting like someone took your marbles. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. I too could take cheap shots at Georgia Southern over some of the consolidation issues but this too is not of Georgia Southern's choice and my doing so would also be counterproductive as well. Garns, get a grip on it.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

  4. #494

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Garns has repetitively shown he has some axe to grind over this merger. To me it has gotten old. I would suggest he should get over it or lay it out for others to see. Believe me Armstrong did not seek this consolidation and given a choice they would vote heavily against it. Garns, please stop acting like someone took your marbles. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. I too could take cheap shots at Georgia Southern over some of the consolidation issues but this too is not of Georgia Southern's choice and my doing so would also be counterproductive as well. Garns, get a grip on it.
    I wouldn't completely dismiss his concerns with his obvious connection to the nursing college and from being in Statesboro and knowing people in the school, but he does tend to be overly dramatic sometimes. It's important to realize the BoR is looking to save money and not help Georgia Southern, here. A lot of toes are getting stepped on and I think some damage will be done.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  5. #495
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Oconee & Savannah
    Posts
    1,382

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I wouldn't completely dismiss his concerns with his obvious connection to the nursing college and from being in Statesboro and knowing people in the school, but he does tend to be overly dramatic sometimes. It's important to realize the BoR is looking to save money and not help Georgia Southern, here. A lot of toes are getting stepped on and I think some damage will be done.
    Still absolutely no excuse for always being negative and swimming upstream. And yes, for the record the better nursing program was and has been at Armstrong and thus the angst.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

  6. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Garns has repetitively shown he has some axe to grind over this merger. To me it has gotten old. I would suggest he should get over it or lay it out for others to see. Believe me Armstrong did not seek this consolidation and given a choice they would vote heavily against it. Garns, please stop acting like someone took your marbles. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. I too could take cheap shots at Georgia Southern over some of the consolidation issues but this too is not of Georgia Southern's choice and my doing so would also be counterproductive as well. Garns, get a grip on it.
    It's not about cheap shots, it's about winners and losers. Armstrong lost it's name, but is gaining far more from a substantive standpoint. I was told very early in the process that the Statesboro campus would be the net loser. I have seen nothing that indicates otherwise. Maybe you can help us understand why that is not the case. I will certainly stand corrected if you will show me.

  7. #497

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Still absolutely no excuse for always being negative and swimming upstream. And yes, for the record the better nursing program was and has been at Armstrong and thus the angst.
    That’s interesting, as you were outspoken in your bitterness when you thought that Armstrong’s supposed “reputation” was at risk.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  8. #498
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Oconee & Savannah
    Posts
    1,382

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    That’s interesting, as you were outspoken in your bitterness when you thought that Armstrong’s supposed “reputation” was at risk.
    Please elaborate because I don't know what you are referencing.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

  9. #499
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Oconee & Savannah
    Posts
    1,382

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    It's not about cheap shots, it's about winners and losers. Armstrong lost it's name, but is gaining far more from a substantive standpoint. I was told very early in the process that the Statesboro campus would be the net loser. I have seen nothing that indicates otherwise. Maybe you can help us understand why that is not the case. I will certainly stand corrected if you will show me.
    Please remind me which sports program was shut down? Who is going to be getting the sports activities fees and who for the most part will have to be on the road to see the sports they are paying for? I just don't see how you can look at the favoritism that has been shown to Georgia Southern over the years and think you are a loser. Yes, it is true if the sum of Georgia Southern is ten times larger than Armstrong in terms of programs and infrastructure and they are losing virtually anything then I guess it isn't fair no matter how much Georgia Southern is getting on top of what they are losing to placate them. Bless their little hearts.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

  10. #500
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,247

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Bottom line Armstrong didn't want it, GS didn't want it. There I got a grip(smile), plus I have no intention on getting into a spitting contest with anyone on which University had the better nursing school, in that regards I'm biased(smile).

Similar Threads

  1. Kennesaw State & Southern Polytechnic to merge !
    By DawgGoneEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd November 2013, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •