TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Please remind me which sports program was shut down? Who is going to be getting the sports activities fees and who for the most part will have to be on the road to see the sports they are paying for? I just don't see how you can look at the favoritism that has been shown to Georgia Southern over the years and think you are a loser. Yes, it is true if the sum of Georgia Southern is ten times larger than Armstrong in terms of programs and infrastructure and they are losing virtually anything then I guess it isn't fair no matter how much Georgia Southern is getting on top of what they are losing to placate them. Bless their little hearts.
    Armstrong was a Div II School. How could their athletics program have remained in place with a merger? I’m not being a smart @ss.. I’m just curious as to how it will work.
    Season ticket holder in new section - KK

And yes, for the record the better nursing program was and has been at Armstrong and thus the angst.
    What? Show me something to back that up.

. And yes, for the record the better nursing program was and has been at Armstrong and thus the angst.
    https://www.niche.com/colleges/searc...ing/s/georgia/

https://www.collegefactual.com/major...eorgia/p1.html

there are literally no websites that rank armstrong's nursing program higher than southern.

4. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Still absolutely no excuse for always being negative and swimming upstream. And yes, for the record the better nursing program was and has been at Armstrong and thus the angst.
    This is a false statement

Just a FWIW: I'm on the Georgia Southern side and I DID want to see the merger and DO think it is a good idea -- for Georgia Southern, for students, and for tax payers. I understand/respect that some folks didn't like the move, but I did. No question it will take several years to get everything sorted out, but the long-term outlook is positive in my opinion. While they were doing it, I wish they had thrown in College of Coastal Georgia also.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSwampy View Post
    Just a FWIW: I'm on the Georgia Southern side and I DID want to see the merger and DO think it is a good idea -- for Georgia Southern, for students, and for tax payers. I understand/respect that some folks didn't like the move, but I did. No question it will take several years to get everything sorted out, but the long-term outlook is positive in my opinion. While they were doing it, I wish they had thrown in College of Coastal Georgia also.
    The College Of Coastal Georgia would’ve definitely been a great fit as well. It’s not too much further down the road and they have an excellent nursing program.

7. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    The College Of Coastal Georgia would’ve definitely been a great fit as well. It’s not too much further down the road and they have an excellent nursing program.
    Next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    IMO, it will happen in the future.

I know it's a sudo arrangement but why haven't we absorbed East Georgia yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rbostic218 View Post
    I know it's a sudo arrangement but why haven't we absorbed East Georgia yet.
    Coastal and East Georgia probably don't have any health-related programs that Regent Waters wants for his empire in Savannah.