TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by introvertedGSUfan View Post
    Yup, that was embarrassing. I can't believe some of those people hold degrees from Southern.
    I took that to mean students on the Savannah campus were complaining.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I took that to mean students on the Savannah campus were complaining.
    me too ... I feel confident this will be addressed and fixed ASAP.
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

3. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

It may have already been discussed on here, and I'm not going to look all the way back through this thread to find it, but is the Education Department going to Armstrong? I hope not because there are so many in our area that continue their education at night at GS, including my wife who has at least 3 different degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    It may have already been discussed on here, and I'm not going to look all the way back through this thread to find it, but is the Education Department going to Armstrong? I hope not because there are so many in our area that continue their education at night at GS, including my wife who has at least 3 different degrees.
    The Dean's office is. Education degrees will be offered at both campuses
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

5. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Thanks... also there is a rumor that East Georgia is next to be consolidated into GS but have not heard that anywhere else. According to their website they have about over 3000 students.

6. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    Thanks... also there is a rumor that East Georgia is next to be consolidated into GS but have not heard that anywhere else. According to their website they have about over 3000 students.
    That would surprise me because currently they act as a feeder school for students who can’t get into GS right out of HS for various reasons but can earn a couple good semesters at EGC and then get into GS.
    "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    They have been kind of busy working out how academics, technology, marketing, athletics, finances, etc. are going to work in all of this and officially merged 11 days ago. GS is very sorry they didn't get all 7,900 of you plus faculty and staff's cell phone numbers entered into the Eagle Alert database before now. I am so done with people that ***** just to *****.
    Bless your little heart.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    That would surprise me because currently they act as a feeder school for students who can’t get into GS right out of HS for various reasons but can earn a couple good semesters at EGC and then get into GS.

It really wouldn't surprise me (I have heard nothing to suggest it either way), but this was the case as well for Perimeter which was similar in 'feeding' Georgia State students. What the admission standards were at Perimeter in comparison to East Georgia, I couldn't tell you.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    It really wouldn't surprise me (I have heard nothing to suggest it either way), but this was the case as well for Perimeter which was similar in 'feeding' Georgia State students. What the admission standards were at Perimeter in comparison to East Georgia, I couldn't tell you.
    I think Perimeter is still called Perimeter. Is it possible that ECJC could be absorbed and managed by GSU without a name change like Perimeter in Atlanta has been done?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

While we are at it, let's get Valdosta State University too(smile)