TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 535455

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    GS is about 60 miles deep into the geographic bottom (Southern) half of the state. Dumbest discussion ever.
    You're wrong. Not about the dumb discussion part though.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Just cracking a joke guy so take your own advice, it must be the off season if this is an actual topic...Answer it is south GA. Tenn is a state that has a East and West culturally or in any other way not GA. You have north / south metro ATL, North GA and South GA. I can drop you off in any of those areas and you would know what region you were in but not which county. If you dropped me off in a random place in Decatur County and told me I was in Bulloch I would believe you. Same for Gordon or Lumpkin, Cobb or Gwinnett, Clayton or Dekalb. I guess ATL, Savannah, Columbus and Macon have their own cultures for various reasons outside of the majority of the county they are in. Atlanta can be mile by mile or street by street sometimes.
    Depends on your specific location. I'm from Valdosta. Folks along the Georgia Florida boarder identify with Florida more due to the close proximity to north Florida major metro areas and would argue Statesboro, Macon, Culumbus, and Savannah to be more north Georgia or Atlanta if you get my drift. Folks in Statesboro Savannah metro can't understand that and resent being lumped in with the "northerners".

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Depends on your specific location. I'm from Valdosta. Folks along the Georgia Florida boarder identify with Florida more due to the close proximity to north Florida major metro areas and would argue Statesboro, Macon, Culumbus, and Savannah to be more north Georgia or Atlanta if you get my drift. Folks in Statesboro Savannah metro can't understand that and resent being lumped in with the "northerners".
    Valdosta area culture is definitely different than Coastal and Ogeechee culture. The Fall Line from Columbus to Augusta and through Macon is the North-South dividing line of the state with those three metro areas having a mix of urban and rural culture.

Historically, Georgia was settled by people from Tennessee, Carolina's and Virginia when different Indian "treaties" opened up land inland in the Pine Barrens. The coast and up the Savannah River are the original settlements.

Since I moved to the Boro in 1992, I've seen the population of transplants grow and contribute to cultural shift. In other words, urbanization.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Valdosta area culture is definitely different than Coastal and Ogeechee culture. The Fall Line from Columbus to Augusta and through Macon is the North-South dividing line of the state with those three metro areas having a mix of urban and rural culture.

Historically, Georgia was settled by people from Tennessee, Carolina's and Virginia when different Indian "treaties" opened up land inland in the Pine Barrens. The coast and up the Savannah River are the original settlements.

Since I moved to the Boro in 1992, I've seen the population of transplants grow and contribute to cultural shift. In other words, urbanization.
    Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Yankees.
    got to love them!!!(smile)