TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 568

Thread: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

  1. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEagle View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this merge. If it is like small public schools in the past merging, I don't like it. I think when they get too big, schools lose their character and personal touch. This is one thing that GSC/U used to have in the 90s and has lost. Now, we are going to afflict this on Armstrong. But hey, these are public monies so, if it is more efficient, so be it. Another reason my son will wear Berry Blue in a few years. Large public schools have become impersonal and have developed a generic personality. In a sense I guess I don't care because my GSC/U really merged with the way society is years ago...so rah rah rah rah Southern Armstrong Pirates (SAP).
    Based on the griping, moaning, and bitterness of your posts the past few months it is obvious you no longer support GS (if you really ever did) monetarily or in spirit. If you are so freaking gung-ho on Berry (buying their apparel and not even having a kid there yet?) Then just go ahead and continue to drink the Berry Blue Kool aid and go away. Seriously if you derive no pleasure and have no interest in GS's success, then why bother with this message board? Go find Berry's board if they have one.

    You remind me of an employee who has turned in their notice. They come around just to get paid and fulfill their two weeks notice, but in the mean time they do no work, provide no benefit to others and basically try to poison the well. That is why many companies turn someone loose once they turn in their notice....

    So...... "bye Felicia"!

  2. #52

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    Yeah, because look at how terrible that decision was to create these new fees. We're much better off without them.

    Hope for the best? Are you sure you went to Georgia Southern? Any college? Your logic is severely failing you, sir.

    What exactly are we over extending? The BoR is the one pushing for this change, they are the arbiters of bearing this responsibility, not Georgia Southern.

    With a fixed model like this, we can more accurately predict our future finances. With the opt-in model you presented, that is the definition of hoping for the best because you truly don't know what your total would be for each year.
    Bro, he does not care about making sense just spewing out garbage about everything was better 30 years ago. As we speak he is combing his mullet lacing up the white high top Reeboks listening to some good ole Bob Seager throwing on that sweet members only jacket about to head out in his t top Camaro to get a 12 pack of Tab and a box Mr T cereal. He actually likes to drive backwards because looking ahead is just to depressing.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  3. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    So...

    GSU now has 21.5K students. The soon to be acquired Savannah campus is planned to be doubled to about 14K students. The new South campus that will be built will expand the Statesboro campus by up to 10K more students. Absorbing CoCG would add another 3,500 (rumored).


    Georgia Southern could have 48,000 students shortly after the South campus is complete. WOW!!!


    Just in student fees, we could be adding $13.5M to our budget at this enrollment level if athletic and facility fee still equals about $500 a student per year. We currently sit at what, about $21M? A $34M athletic budget would be huge! Hopefully we can continue to increase alumni funding in the years to come. This much larger pool of students should help donations significantly going forward.


    This event may be the biggest event in GSU history since Erk....even bigger than going FBS.

    We shall see...
    I believe our current number is 20.5K, but your point is valid. One question, was ASU planning to reach 14k before this merger, or is it a bi-product of the merger? I have not heard that before, so just curious.... it is great news, if true.

  4. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Based on the griping, moaning, and bitterness of your posts the past few months it is obvious you no longer support GS (if you really ever did) monetarily or in spirit. If you are so freaking gung-ho on Berry (buying their apparel and not even having a kid there yet?) Then just go ahead and continue to drink the Berry Blue Kool aid and go away. Seriously if you derive no pleasure and have no interest in GS's success, then why bother with this message board? Go find Berry's board if they have one.

    You remind me of an employee who has turned in their notice. They come around just to get paid and fulfill their two weeks notice, but in the mean time they do no work, provide no benefit to others and basically try to poison the well. That is why many companies turn someone loose once they turn in their notice....

    So...... "bye Felicia"!
    You make good points, but I will tell you this....I have been a supporter for over 25 years...been a booster and Eagle Fund member....bought tickets and traveled to every sport....Sat in the stands in all three Chattanooga NC games.....so if I have arrived at this point having lost much admiration for GS in many ways......with all this if I am losing interest and people like me are....then GSUs direction may not be the best one.

  5. #55

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    guys, stop replying to this troll, or this thread will turn into the other 10 he created that complain about GS.



    back to the exciting news about the growth of Ga Southern.

  6. #56

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I believe our current number is 20.5K, but your point is valid. One question, was ASU planning to reach 14k before this merger, or is it a bi-product of the merger? I have not heard that before, so just curious.... it is great news if true.
    From how I interpret the press releases and dwindling growth at AASU, the use of this land was not going to happen unless this merger happened. Sure would be an accomplishment, if it were to happen.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

    Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

  7. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEagle View Post
    You make good points, but I will tell you this....I have been a supporter for over 25 years...been a booster and Eagle Fund member....bought tickets and traveled to every sport....Sat in the stands in all three Chattanooga NC games.....so if I have arrived at this point having lost much admiration for GS in many ways......with all this if I am losing interest and people like me are....then GSUs direction may not be the best one.
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

  8. #58

    Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Bro, he does not care about making sense just spewing out garbage about everything was better 30 years ago. As we speak he is combing his mullet lacing up the white high top Reeboks listening to some good ole Bob Seager throwing on that sweet members only jacket about to head out in his t top Camaro to get a 12 pack of Tab and a box Mr T cereal. He actually likes to drive backwards because looking ahead is just to depressing.
    I wish I could tag this as one of my favorite posts ever in my 9 or so years on this site. See me in the fall for a free beer.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

    Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

  9. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by jfulfor2gsu View Post
    South campus infrastructure planning is still moving ahead. A new arena is not happening anytime soon. They are spending money on Hanner and have a few more ideas for Hanner. Don't get your hopes up on an arena.
    Why? Hanner is terrible long term and they have a bunch of land waiting for what could be a great and much needed multipurpose facility.

  10. Default Re: Georgia Southern and Armstrong to Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEagle View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this merge. If it is like small public schools in the past merging, I don't like it. I think when they get too big, schools lose their character and personal touch. This is one thing that GSC/U used to have in the 90s and has lost. Now, we are going to afflict this on Armstrong. But hey, these are public monies so, if it is more efficient, so be it. Another reason my son will wear Berry Blue in a few years. Large public schools have become impersonal and have developed a generic personality. In a sense I guess I don't care because my GSC/U really merged with the way society is years ago...so rah rah rah rah Southern Armstrong Pirates (SAP).
    WE are not "going to afflict" anything. The BoR decided (or, will decide) to end Armstrong State, that is no fault of GS.

Similar Threads

  1. Kennesaw State & Southern Polytechnic to merge !
    By DawgGoneEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd November 2013, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •