TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominique Swope - UDFA

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictineEagle View Post
    Haha he was a freshman when I was and I've been gone....dude is a freak though swope>breida...huge fan of breida though so no knock to him.
    I always wondered how Swope would have fit in Fritz's offense. I'm guessing the LA Ramsby role since Breida seemed to be a perfect fit as a one hole slasher. What a three headed monster that would have been.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Default Re: Dominique Swope - UDFA

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    I always wondered how Swope would have fit in Fritz's offense. I'm guessing the LA Ramsby role since Breida seemed to be a perfect fit as a one hole slasher. What a three headed monster that would have been.
    Just imagine the running backs in 2014 if Swope doesn't get kicked off the team and we didn't have to play McKinnon in 2010...
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Everybody knows why he didn't play in 2014; no need to re-hash it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    Yeah, me too. I think Swope would have gotten carries over Breida at the same ratio as Matt did over Ramsby.

Swope would have been an all-conference-level version of Ramsby, assuming that the injuries/concussions hadn't already taken their toll by 2014.

By that, I mean he would have ground for consistent yards and run for 1,000 yards like he did in 2012.
    Last edited by pete4256; 2nd May 2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictineEagle View Post
    Haha he was a freshman when I was and I've been gone....dude is a freak though swope>breida...huge fan of breida though so no knock to him.
    Swope was really good, but he wasn't better than Breida, IMO.

Thunder and lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Everybody knows why he didn't play in 2014; no need to re-hash it.
    A poster asked about his eligibility issues.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    A poster asked about his eligibility issues.
    I thought he simply wanted a timeline tracking Swope's eligibility. I mean, it seems like forever since he was a freshman phenom in 2011. He was probably half-joking.

8. Default Re: Dominique Swope - UDFA

I won't ever forget that guy running through Bama like s*&% through a tin horn

Swope was one of those guys to me that looked like he was barely running but nobody could catch him. The touchdown pass he caught against NDSU in 2012 is a perfect example. I kept waiting for him to get tackled but he never did.

10. Default Re: Dominique Swope - UDFA

If y'all only knew... His issues started in high school. He started at Sequoyah HS, where I played at in the early 2000's. He is my sisters age and I remember my dad telling me he's the best back he'd ever seen at the HS level after rushing for over 1,000 yards as a HS freshman. Got busted in a car with a lot of weed in it (like a quarter pound and someone else claimed it) and was kicked off the team, but then found a home at Buford.