TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dominique Swope - UDFA

Default Re: Dominique Swope - UDFA

Quote Originally Posted by eagletalon View Post
    If y'all only knew... His issues started in high school. He started at Sequoyah HS, where I played at in the early 2000's. He is my sisters age and I remember my dad telling me he's the best back he'd ever seen at the HS level after rushing for over 1,000 yards as a HS freshman. Got busted in a car with a lot of weed in it (like a quarter pound and someone else claimed it) and was kicked off the team, but then found a home at Buford.
    Was he arrested or charged in the incident?

If I recall we were recruiting a teammate of his at Buford, both ended up signing with us. The other guy quit or transferred due to lack of playing time.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

He was one concussion away from hanging it up permanently, here. I guess that got overlooked for his second and third chances, but it's hard for me to believe he has an NFL career in him.

3. Default Re: Dominique Swope - UDFA

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    I won't ever forget that guy running through Bama like s*&% through a tin horn
    One of my fondest GS FB memories is him busting through the Alambama D for a couple long runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    He was one concussion away from hanging it up permanently, here. I guess that got overlooked for his second and third chances, but it's hard for me to believe he has an NFL career in him.
    Yeah. There's some footage from Reinhardt this past year, and he's the same vicious runner with incredible balance. But he's taking a pounding. I suspect we might have already seen the best from Swope by the time he left GS just as a result of the blows he took (kinda like Ellison, his upright style left him vulnerable to some BIG hits).

I was rooting for him, as GS apparently represented his very slim chance of getting away from the difficult circumstances in which he grew up.

He had as much game as any FB we've had not named AP.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

I loved watching him beat down ODU defenders. His physicality was BIG TIME.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

82-yard TD against Alabama.

(Just because...)
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    82-yard TD against Alabama.

(Just because...)
    What sticks out to me after this TD run are the two B-Backs that greet him on the sidelines; Robert Brown and Zeke Rozier. That trio of backs would have been something to see if they all stayed healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Swope was really good, but he wasn't better than Breida, IMO.

Thunder and lightning.
    Yeah...I wouldn't say he was better either simply based off of running styles. They both brought different things to the table. That being said...(dot dot dot) I think Swope in the NFL would have a much better chance of playing the traditional running back role compared to Breida.

9. Default Re: Dominique Swope - UDFA

What ever happened to his legal issues in Statesboro? I knew he was charged, but I never heard anything else. According to the stories I heard, the other guy was kinda in the wrong in the confrontation as well. That doesn't excuse anything, but... I've always wondered if the charges just didn't really hold up and they went away, or if there was an actual resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I loved watching him beat down ODU defenders. His physicality was BIG TIME.
    Some of his runs during the Wofford games were nasty/very, very HARD hitting. Swope dished it out but he also got hit really hard too. He was special.