TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GS hires new softball coach (Armstrong coach)

Default Re: GS hires new softball coach (Armstrong coach)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0180210aab.pdf

How is it she's able to pitch for this season?

Is football the only sport with rules about transfers needing to sit a year?
    You do not have to sit out a season in softball if your prior school gives you a release.
    Basketball is another sport that you have to sit out a year. (unless you have graduated) I would think baseball has a sitting out period as well

I haven’t followed Softball at all over the years. Have we been really good at any time in our history? How about the last 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    I haven’t followed Softball at all over the years. Have we been really good at any time in our history? How about the last 5 years?
    Had a great run from 2012-2014 with two tournament championships in 2012 and 2013 and 3 consecutive regular-season titles. We had one title I believe some time in the 1990s. We have more conference titles in softball than any sport other than football, baseball, and men's golf.

We've been doing all right in softball considering how the Sun Belt more years than not is the best non-power-5 conference in the sport.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Had a great run from 2012-2014 with two tournament championships in 2012 and 2013 and 3 consecutive regular-season titles. We had one title I believe some time in the 1990s. We have more conference titles in softball than any sport other than football, baseball, and men's golf.

We've been doing all right in softball considering how the Sun Belt more years than not is the best non-power-5 conference in the sport.
    that great run was because we had 1 great pitcher(Big Red) and our #2 could also bring it. Women's softball is pretty easy to figure out. If you got no pitching don't get your hopes up, it ain't going to happen. You got 2 "horses"?, then let the fun begin.

We are off to a 3-1 start, not bad. GATA Gals!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    that great run was because we had 1 great pitcher(Big Red) and our #2 could also bring it. Women's softball is pretty easy to figure out. If you got no pitching don't get your hopes up, it ain't going to happen. You got 2 "horses"?, then let the fun begin.
    Big Red???? I think you have your players mixed up. We had Sarah Purvis, one of the best pitchers in the county.

We are off to a 3-1 start, not bad. GATA Gals!
    Defense looks much better this year, but we are weak in the one area that you must be strong at. Good start, but it's gone to be a struggle once we get into sunbelt play.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Big Red???? I think you have your players mixed up. We had Sarah Purvis, one of the best pitchers in the county.
    thats the one I'm talking about and I might be wrong but I thought she was a red head. Bottom line she was a "horse" and could bring it.

thats the one I'm talking about and I might be wrong but I thought she was a red head. Bottom line she was a "horse" and could bring it.
    Nope, she was a blonde. great player.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Nope, she was a blonde. great player.
    The #2 pitcher's name was (I believe) Brooke Red.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.