TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 929394

Thread: Eagles in the NFL Thread

Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    I have a roommate and a couple of other friends up there. We've put a good number in the capital.
    When I was last there, wearing my GSU cap, met alums who were a congressman's chief of staff, and a Secret Service agent at the White House

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    When I was last there, wearing my GSU cap, met alums who were a congressman's chief of staff, and a Secret Service agent at the White House
    Max Burns was my former professor and the congressman he worked for, represented the Screven County area. Max was at GS quite some time as 2 Safe Systems founders had him in 1985ish, and as I did I around 1996. He ran and won twice, and lost, then went back to academics. He's retired from teaching now and is running again this year. I wonder if they'll link up again. The Secret Service agent left the Presidential detail last I had heard and went back to counterfeit investigations. I haven't heard form either of them in a while. Only knew them through a mutual friend.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Do you happen to know when the secret service guy graduated?

I remember a guy who was a buddy of my roommate who really wanted to do that.

That working Prez, VPrez and other VIP details is rough, with lots of travel time and hotels. I worked it when I was Army EOD and it was really rough during election years especially. Depended where you were stationed at. The SS had it rougher than we did most of the the time. It wasn't too bad when I was Germany, some good trips around Europe, didnt care much for the African and Middle East.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Max Burns was my former professor and the congressman he worked for, represented the Screven County area. Max was at GS quite some time as 2 Safe Systems founders had him in 1985ish, and as I did I around 1996. He ran and won twice, and lost, then went back to academics. He's retired from teaching now and is running again this year. I wonder if they'll link up again. The Secret Service agent left the Presidential detail last I had heard and went back to counterfeit investigations. I haven't heard form either of them in a while. Only knew them through a mutual friend.
    Max Burns was hired as Gordon (State) College’s president the last semester I worked there. I met him once, but didn’t realize he was a former congressman. I didn’t pay much attention to what Gordon was doing at that time since I was a lame duck.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops