TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: GS Athletics 5PM

1. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I still don’t get the narrative on “kids love these alt unis”. I am around high school football players a few times a week. I’ve brought this very subject up to them. To a man, it is almost unanimous that they don’t even know the alt uniforms exist. Kids going on recruiting trips to programs throughout the south and eastern seaboard. One particular player: “the alternate uniforms are the ones that show support for the gay people?”
    IMO their is a much lower percentage of kids that are really into our plain blue "traditional" uniforms... so, it is good that we have all bases covered, on that front.

Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    I'm really curious what this helmet you're referring to looks like, never heard about this before.
    I can't find a picture, but it was a blue helmet with one of our athletic logos on it instead of numbers.

It sat on his desk as a conspicuous prop for photos and video interviews.

I think this was the logo, but I can't remember for sure:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/98/ea/48/9...orts-logos.jpg
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

I just think an 0-4 team wearing alternate uniforms is very much like the town tramp with 5 kids by 8 different men*, finally getting married and wearing WHITE down the aisle. It’s just pointless because it doesn’t mean a damn thing and you can dress up a pig, but it’s still s pig. Alt unis ought to be a reward to wear when you’re kicking butt and playing a rivalry game. But the kids love them. :eyeroll:

*sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Really having a hard time figuring out why anyone would give enough of a **** one way or the other to even take a side.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Really having a hard time figuring out why anyone would give enough of a **** one way or the other to even take a side.
    Couldn't agree more!
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    Couldn't agree more!
    I don’t think anyone actually cares. It’s just a lot of fluff with no substance to back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I don’t think anyone actually cares. It’s just a lot of fluff with no substance to back it up.
    It's just one of those things that takes up time. After kickoff tomorrow nobody will talk about it tomorrow.

8. Default Re: GS Athletics 5PM

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Really having a hard time figuring out why anyone would feel the need to type-out that comment in lieu of just moving to a thread that interests them.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Really having a hard time figuring out why anyone would feel the need to type-out that comment in lieu of just moving to a thread that interests them.
    Back atcha'.

Don't care about new uniforms seems we won more games in the traditional ones sure need to keep our tradition of winning alive. The last time Southern started with this many losses they shut down football in 1941 way to go Tyson you poor excuse of a head coach. Time to get the tv schedule to watch some good teams from this area!