TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: #62 Ryan Northrup

Default #62 Ryan Northrup

Gotta give a shout out to HAWG Ryan Northrup #62. He's been doing a good job at guard all year long imho. Yesterday, he played the left tackle position. He did "good". This move made by Coach Cook or Coach Bodine was a real positive in this game. Ryan looked like the HAWGS did when they were coached by Coach Brent Davis. He took care of his assignments. Nobody can play a perfect game, but he did very well even in his first game that I can remember seeing him play at the left tackle position.

Good job again, Ryan. And, good job to the coaching staff for making the move. It's gonna be fun seeing Ryan get even better as he gets more comfortable with the responsibilities of the left tackle position as the season goes on.

2. Default Re: #62 Ryan Northrup

Should be universal for all of our offensive lineman. No special shot outs at 0-5.

Default Re: #62 Ryan Northrup

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Should be universal for all of our offensive lineman. No special shot outs at 0-5.
    I totally disagree.............

I think the players are doing their best to do what they are being (badly) coached to do.

This is on the coaches...............

Northrup's a good un. He could play any position on the OL for us.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

5. Default Re: #62 Ryan Northrup

Quote Originally Posted by VorlonEagle View Post
    I totally disagree.............

I think the players are doing their best to do what they are being (badly) coached to do.

This is on the coaches...............
    Never said is wasn't on the coaches. But the totality is a team effort including coach influence and guidance. Obviously coaching guidance is lacking and has no clue on team cohesiveness or a coherent concept of a successful scheme or stamina maintaining a win throughout 4 quarters. Ryan done good. But so did others at other positions. At 0-5, 🐜 no special recognition until we're winning.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    With all due respect eaglefan200, I'm gonna beg to differ with this statement.