TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protest??

Default Protest??

Apparently there’s a “fire Summers” protest scheduled for today (10-16) at 4:00 at Sweetgeart Circle?
    Delete if you must.
    Last edited by oldfart; 16th October 2017 at 04:31 AM.

Default Re: Protest??

Saw that on twitter last night. So a bunch of non season ticket holders, non boosters, are going to protest? Yes I realize the student fees paid for the stadium expansion and the FBS fee supplements the AF funding, but those are all mandatory per the BOR. Nothing can be done to not pay those. I'll believe it when I see it. Remember the 1st game the students were supposed to stage a walk out? Yea that didn't happen.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I'm not gonna be there because I actually have things to do

Working folks can't be there, I know I won't but I was just wondering if this was an actual thing.

5. Default Re: Protest??

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Saw that on twitter last night. So a bunch of non season ticket holders, non boosters, are going to protest? Yes I realize the student fees paid for the stadium expansion and the FBS fee supplements the AF funding, but those are all mandatory per the BOR. Nothing can be done to not pay those. I'll believe it when I see it. Remember the 1st game the students were supposed to stage a walk out? Yea that didn't happen.
    Sure weren't a lot of students left by the end of the 3rd...

(or a lot of anyone else for that matter.)

This could end up being counter-productive when only 10 students show up.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

7. Default Re: Protest??

Treating the students like a purse but then implying that they aren't "real fans" and that their opinion doesn't matter. It's thinking like that that will be the downfall of Georgia Southern sports. They are currently making up 70% of the game day attendance. They are our future donors, future boosters, and future season ticket holders. I know several recent graduates who immediately purchased season tickets. If you treat them like they're unimportant and just there to pay mandatory fees, they're gonna get turned off like a light switch. They'll stop coming to games and therefore feel no connection to give when they graduate. So get up off your pedestal. Students are fans and in some cases have been to more games to support the Eagles these past few years than a lot of y'all on this board.

I never heard plans for the walkout from any students. The only people I ever saw talking about it were alums/season ticket holders. This one actually seems to be student led

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Treating the students like a purse but then implying that they aren't "real fans" and that their opinion doesn't matter. It's thinking like that that will be the downfall of Georgia Southern sports. They are currently making up 70% of the game day attendance. They are our future donors, future boosters, and future season ticket holders. I know several recent graduates who immediately purchased season tickets. If you treat them like they're unimportant and just there to pay mandatory fees, they're gonna get turned off like a light switch. They'll stop coming to games and therefore feel no connection to give when they graduate. So get up off your pedestal. Students are fans and in some cases have been to more games to support the Eagles these past few years than a lot of y'all on this board.
    AGREE

Say what you want about the students, but my understanding is that as a group they're the majority shareholders.