TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 30 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but 2 weeks ago in a hypothetical conversation before there even was an opening, and (potentially) now while staring a $2 million dollar 4 year contract offer in the face are two very different things.

Doesn't really make a difference to me, I'd prefer someone besides Bohannon, just saying.
    I would be curious if anyone can name at least a rumored incident where a coach got a job offer for significantly more money and turned it down. I bet examples would be pretty hard to come by. Even in the FCS, not many teams are going to be hungry for option coaches. The jobs don't come open all that often.

And BTW, I remember people saying we'd never get Jeff Monken because Sam Baker burned all of our bridges....and of course Monken arguably had the upper hand in those negotiations but we still managed to pluck him from Tech...
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    I won't say exactly, but you've hit on part of the equation. And the info comes from someone VERY close to him and was as of 2 weeks ago.
    which part? TK? Stay to build something at KSU?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    which part? TK? Stay to build something at KSU?
    The first. He's not the only issue, though.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Spurrier: Imagine the shock of our Alumni who are so torn between us and uga.

Heck not even torn, the Red Coat lovers.. the Tories.. Talk about drawing a line in the sand.
    I think he would even love to irritate uga one more time

I was sort of joking, but on a serious note - IF (and I don't want to) -- IF you are going to run something other than the 3-0

THEN I can't think of 1 unemployed name that would have a bigger name recognition in the Country or at least the South East.
    THAT is the kind of name that we'd need to get those QB's, Llnemen and receivers that all the "chuck the ball" people want. (Or I should say the vocal few as I believe that the majority of us want the 3-0 back)

I say go 3-0 and preferably the Flexbone. But other wise, if we can't take ourselves to SEC recruiting power, lets bring some well known SEC recruiting power to us.
    He would be the 1 hire outside of the Triple Option that I could get on board with or have any faith in. And I couldn't stand the guy for years.

I'm going to keep adjusting my list:
    Slide this name in at the top and bump everybody else down a notch.

1. Jeff Monken (BREAK THE BANK!)

#1 would be PJ but we can't dream of out biding GT. Army?
    Based on current salary, we could if we leverage some future P5 game money.
    Without getting back to winning, there isn't much of a future.
    We need to think about the money in terms of how much we are talking in addition to say what we might already offer a Houston.
    IF Houston would get up to near a million, what is the difference between that and how much it would take to get Monken back? Half a million? IDK.. But that's less than half or less of what some of the these new P5 game payouts are.

"Arkansas State will receive $1.8 million to play at Georgia in 2019,"
    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...onference-game

We book a gig like that each year and we could nearly double Monken's salary and still pocket a million on that P5 game.

5. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Spurrier did say he would return to the ideal situation but then went on to say that situation would be somewhere that there is no pressure and where he could play at a premier golf course two days a week and then he went on to mention high school or just coaching QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    Spurrier did say he would return to the ideal situation but then went on to say that situation would be somewhere that there is no pressure and where he could play at a premier golf course two days a week and then he went on to mention high school or just coaching QBs.
    We have nice golf courses, but probably not premier.

7. Default Re: Who should Georgia Southern hire?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Spurrier: Imagine the shock of our Alumni who are so torn between us and uga.
    Forget them either way.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    We have nice golf courses, but probably not premier.
    But we are very close to Savannah and some premier courses on the coast.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I have a new list/order:

1. Bohannon
    2. Houston
    3. Lunsford (could climb)
    4. Steve Spurrier (If we are going to go away from the Flex or Triple Option all together... Go Big or go Home)
    I like the cut of your gib. Hatin' *** Spurrier would be incredible in blue and white. Piss off the Dawgs something fierce. I'm rooting for Lunsford. He seems to get the big picture, this is his dream job. We'll see. We beat Troy last year, much to our determent.

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    But we are very close to Savannah and some premier courses on the coast.
    Augusta's only 80 miles away up Hwy 25 that's a little expressway now very nice course the Augusta National,Augusta C.C., and Champions Retreat!