TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Coaching Search Thread

Default Official 2017 Coaching Search Thread

Official Flight Line 2017 Coaching Search Thread

Since no one has started this I figured someone had to.

I see the decision on the type of coach we are looking for is broken down into 3 categories:

1. Experienced Head Coach from FCS: Mike Houston, John Grass, Jamey Chadwell (even though he is a coord now at CCU), Mike Ayers, Brian Bohannon
    2. Experienced FBS Assistant or Coordinator: Brent Davis, Tony Gibson, Ashley Ingram, Doug Ruse, Brent Pry
    3. Interim, Emotional tie to the University: Chad Lunsford, Dell McGee

Obviously these are just a few of the names out there but add to the list if you can think of others.

My Top 5 List and Reasons why:
    1. Mike Houston: Winner, Experience, Option Background, Improve passing game
    2. Brian Bohannon: Built KSU, Winner (18-6 @KSU), Option Background, Understands the culture
    3. Jamey Chadwell: Balanced Offense, Option based, Won at Charleston Southern, Recruiter
    4. Doug Ruse: Best Offensive fit for our personnel currently, Experience Play Caller
    5. Dell McGee: Great Recruiter, Knows Southern, Coaching Network, Would be a risk
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

Default Re: Official 2017 Coaching Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bteagles11 View Post
    Since no one has started this I figured someone had to.

I see the decision on the type of coach we are looking for is broken down into 3 categories:

1. Experienced Head Coach from FCS: Mike Houston, John Grass, Jamey Chadwell (even though he is a coord now at CCU), Mike Ayers, Brian Bohannon
    2. Experienced FBS Assistant or Coordinator: Brent Davis, Tony Gibson, Ashley Ingram, Doug Ruse, Brent Pry
    3. Interim, Emotional tie to the University: Chad Lunsford, Dell McGee

Obviously these are just a few of the names out there but add to the list if you can think of others.

My Top 5 List and Reasons why:
    1. Mike Houston: Winner, Experience, Option Background, Improve passing game
    2. Brian Bohannon: Built KSU, Winner (18-6 @KSU), Option Background, Understands the culture
    3. Jamey Chadwell: Balanced Offense, Option based, Won at Charleston Southern, Recruiter
    4. Doug Ruse: Best Offensive fit for our personnel currently, Experience Play Caller
    5. Dell McGee: Great Recruiter, Knows Southern, Coaching Network, Would be a risk
    Another shameless Eagles Nest plug here. Best info for this and recruiting!

Who is the worst name mentioned? John Lilly - this is who TK will probably hire, the very worst candidate possible. Then in two years we will be back here again, doing the same old thing.

Beginning to think TK runs a coaches investment counseling firm on the side. "Let me help you with your retirement investments, here's a guaranteed $1,000,000.00 plus just for your half-efforts." "Pay it back, you're funny. No paybacks, its all on the fans and boosters, and btw, I'm TK/aka Robbin' (the 'Boro) Hood. Halloween in just a couple of days. Gimme some Candy, I wants some of yo' Candy, girl!

John Lilly. Bigger joke than Rhett Lashlee.

TK, hire an Alpha this time, A-L-P-H-A! No softies. I've seen melted ice cream at Dairy Queen harder than some of these girly-guys. Summers was a nice guy, too nice. Way too nice. Give me Killaz and Gorillaz. Nice guys finish last & need not apply!
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    Who is the worst name mentioned? John Lilly - this is who TK will probably hire, the very worst candidate possible. Then in two years we will be back here again, doing the same old thing.

Beginning to think TK runs a coaches investment counseling firm on the side. "Let me help you with your retirement investments, here's a guaranteed $1,000,000.00 plus just for your half-efforts." "Pay it back, you're funny. No paybacks, its all on the fans and boosters, and btw, I'm TK/aka Robbin' (the 'Boro) Hood. Halloween in just a couple of days. Gimme some Candy, I wants some of yo' Candy, girl!

John Lilly. Bigger joke than Rhett Lashlee.

TK, hire an Alpha this time, A-L-P-H-A! No softies. I've seen melted ice cream at Dairy Queen harder than some of these girly-guys. Summers was a nice guy, too nice. Way too nice. Give me Killaz and Gorillaz. Nice guys finish last & need not apply!
    Where've you been since you tossed that bomb about Summers' hire into the game thread and offered to PM details when you can't even receive PM's?
    Sincerely,
    Irwin M. Fletcher

P.S.: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Where've you been since you tossed that bomb about Summers' hire into the game thread and offered to PM details when you can't even receive PM's?
    No joke. Bakerbacker yelled "fire!" in a crowded theater and then ducked down the alleyway.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

The official thread is on the Nest, already at 13 pages long.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Smile Re: Official 2017 Coaching Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Been wondering why I haven't gotten any hateful messages in a while
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    The official thread is on the Nest, already at 13 pages long.
    Out of curiosity, where exactly is that located? I know it's a pay thing, but how do you actually get to it to join? There have been times I've thought about it but there's never an easy, helpful way, and then I forget until the next time it's brought up.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Another shameless Eagles Nest plug here. Best info for this and recruiting!
    link?

10. Default Re: Official 2017 Coaching Search Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    Out of curiosity, where exactly is that located? I know it's a pay thing, but how do you actually get to it to join? There have been times I've thought about it but there's never an easy, helpful way, and then I forget until the next time it's brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    link?
    http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...Donation-Drive