TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gulf Coast Showcase Basketball

Default Gulf Coast Showcase Basketball

I called the Tournament folks and was told we are the designated home team for the first game on Monday 11/20. I got my court side seats so if anyone else will be making the trip let me know. I live in Estero so if you need to be pointed in the direction of some good food or other things to do let me know.

Default Re: Gulf Coast Showcase Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by willgsu View Post
    I called the Tournament folks and was told we are the designated home team for the first game on Monday 11/20. I got my court side seats so if anyone else will be making the trip let me know. I live in Estero so if you need to be pointed in the direction of some good food or other things to do let me know.
    Root those boys on for me!, your going to enjoy watching them!

Bump.

http://gcs.bdglobalsports.com/

Play Missouri State, then play either UMKC or Manhattan, then one of Penn, FAU, Towson, or NIU. Everyone plays 3 games, here.

No reason not to go 2-1 here, and 3-0 here is a possibility and would be huge.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I have grandparents in Estero I'll see if I can send them on my behalf

Looking at comparative scores (I know) but our first 2 wins do not look as impressive. In my mind, we have still got a lot to prove. Neither Wake or CSBU look to be very good. For instance, Liberty beats Wake handily and then gets smashed by Mercer and CSBU got cleaned by Arizona. I am not sold on our inside game. They need to prove themselves worthy before I buy the hype. Missouri State would be a good start. I’m pulling for them and will enjoy the ride either way! Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Looking at comparative scores (I know) but our first 2 wins do not look as impressive. In my mind, we have still got a lot to prove. Neither Wake or CSBU look to be very good. For instance, Liberty beats Wake handily and then gets smashed by Mercer and CSBU got cleaned by Arizona. I am not sold on our inside game. They need to prove themselves worthy before I buy the hype. Missouri State would be a good start. I’m pulling for them and will enjoy the ride either way! Thoughts?
    Well, Arizona is a top 10 team. But yeah, that
    Wake win doesn't look good now.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

We have a MUCH better basketball team this year than last. Now where we go from here who knows. I love the depth and how the new kids are playing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We have a MUCH better basketball team this year than last. Now where we go from here who knows. I love the depth and how the new kids are playing defense.
    Yup.

I don't know as much about basketball as you, but I can tell the difference between what we're seeing on the court this year and ... pretty much every other year I've watched basketball.

It's the same way I could tell we had something good going in football after playing SSU in 2014 and that we were in trouble this season after Auburn.

And I know that we haven't been 3-0 since November 2002 and that even though Bluefield State is not a good team we got a 4-decade high score. We're not going to get any mileage out of beating Wake but all signs seem to point to the best season we've had in a least the lifetimes of our current players.

Sit back and enjoy it and don't worry what happens to Wake.

9. Default Re: Gulf Coast Showcase Basketball

Arizona is like #3 in the country, but I agree that WF's performance is disappointing. However, it is still early in the season, this team is not going to be in a NCAA tournament form after a couple of scrimmages.

They will improve, in fact, I feel like last year we would have given back some of that lead we had against CSUB and it would have been a much closer game then it should have been. This year, unlike the last couple years, we held the lead and added to it. We should be good... but, like you, I am looking forward to the Missouri State game as more realistic benchmark.

Too small of a sample size but the arrow is UP and Glenn is much improved with his conditioning, skills, and staying out of foul trouble. Better depth as well.

Also, while I am hoping this year ends up in post season berth of the NCAA Tourney kind, I’m really feeling next year will be the year we all look back on with great favor. We will have 6’8” and highly skilled Simeon Carter available and 7’1” Tyshaun Crawford coming off a redshirt. Size and more depth!!
    Last edited by eagle95; 18th November 2017 at 11:28 AM.