TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gulf Coast Showcase Basketball

Default Re: Gulf Coast Showcase Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Towson beat Penn (79-71). I believe we now play Towson Wednesday evening at 7:30pm in the final.
    Correct.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../towson-tigers

Towson is 4-1 with a close loss to ODU in the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    For those of you in the know about basketball, is this a better lineup than the tournament going on in Savannah this week?
    That lineup is Kent State, Loyola, UNC-W, and Valparaiso. No idea as to the current competitiveness of any of those programs.

There's a women's bracket also, including Florida and Stetson.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    That lineup is Kent State, Loyola, UNC-W, and Valparaiso. No idea as to the current competitiveness of any of those programs.

There's a women's bracket also, including Florida and Stetson.
    I didn't do any research, but the Savannah lineup looks stronger than the Gulf Coast lineup to me.

For those of you keeping track of the imperialism map, we could pick up quite a bit of land with a win tonight

I scanned the map, realized I didn't know what Towson's logo was so I googled it, only to discover that the name Towson is on it. D'oh.

Is this based on a poll from reddit or something? That area in South Florida marked Bowling Green is kind of funny. I have been here for 7 years and never met a Bowling Green fan or seen anybody repping it on their cars or clothes. This area is about 90% Ohio State fans.

Quote Originally Posted by willgsu View Post
    Is this based on a poll from reddit or something? That area in South Florida marked Bowling Green is kind of funny. I have been here for 7 years and never met a Bowling Green fan or seen anybody repping it on their cars or clothes. This area is about 90% Ohio State fans.
    It's reddit based. Original idea was from the /r/CFB reddit. Here's the post for basketball:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...p_november_21/

The idea:
    Someone mapped out the US by state county/parish and assigned the county to the closest geographical school. If a school beats another school that controls land at the time of the win, the winning school will take their land
    Last edited by GATA; 22nd November 2017 at 08:12 AM.

Another challenge for our Eagles today, Towson 4-1. Our 3rd game in 3 days, this is where our depth will come in handy. Look for Ike to bounce back and have a big game. GS 82, Towson 74. Eagles go to 6-0 and bring home a well deserved trophy.

God that map is going to be 10x busier than the college football one with 4x (or however many) teams in D-I.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA View Post
    It's reddit based. Original idea was from the /r/CFB reddit. Here's the post for basketball:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...p_november_21/

The idea:
    Someone mapped out the US by state county/parish and assigned the county to the closest geographical school. If a school beats another school that controls land at the time of the win, the winning school will take their land
    Got ya thanks.