DH Kyle Blackburn, Sr.

SP Chris Mederos, Sr.
    SP Jake Brown, Sr.
    SP Matt Murray, Soph.
    SP/RP Andy Moye, Jr.
    SP/RP Colin Snow, Soph.
    RP Charles Matthews, Sr.
    RP Dexter Bobo, Sr.

We may lose Mederos and/or Bobo in the draft...
    And this doesn't take into account incoming recruits.
    What do you guys think?
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

C: Someone not on the roster as of yet
    1B: Eric Phillps
    2B: Kevin Bowles
    SS: See catcher
    3B: AJ
    LF: See 2nd base
    CF: Matt Miller if healthy
    RF: Vince Smith going to be a star.
    DH: Kyle Blackburn

Randy Williams can flat rake and hes got a gun of an arm. Hes going to be the catcher. Blackburn should DH. Phillips at 1st. SS could be Jake Ware. He can hit and hes got good speed. 3b is AJ. CF is Matt Miller. 2b is Bowlesy. RF I'm going to guess Vince Smith....he looks like hes a big boy with some pop in the bat. LF I'll go with Roman Grimaldi as of now but I think someone new comes in and takes his spot.

If we have any kind of program we should be able to plug the holes and move on. That's what good programs do.

I agree. Williams won't be the starting catcher if we have any kind of recruiting. He has a decent bat, but his defense is very questionable. Need a stud recruit there and at SS. Our two biggest losses.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    I agree. Williams won't be the starting catcher if we have any kind of recruiting. He has a decent bat, but his defense is very questionable. Need a stud recruit there and at SS. Our two biggest losses.
    What about his defense is questionable? His arm is much stronger than Griff's from the many throwdowns I've seen the two make. He had a .975 fielding percentage...thats not horrible by any stretch of the imagination. He also projects to hit double digit homeruns given the same number of at bats a regular starter would receive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    What about his defense is questionable? His arm is much stronger than Griff's from the many throwdowns I've seen the two make. He had a .975 fielding percentage...thats not horrible by any stretch of the imagination. He also projects to hit double digit homeruns given the same number of at bats a regular starter would receive.
    You are throwing out fielding percentage for a guy that barely played? His arm strength looked no better than Griff's to me. His accuracy is nowhere near Griff's. Double digit homers next year? I don't see it. We need a stud catcher recruit, and a stud SS recruit. Similar to Griff and Pierce, who both started as true freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    You are throwing out fielding percentage for a guy that barely played? His arm strength looked no better than Griff's to me. His accuracy is nowhere near Griff's. Double digit homers next year? I don't see it. We need a stud catcher recruit, and a stud SS recruit. Similar to Griff and Pierce, who both started as true freshman.
    He had 17 starts. His arm is stronger than Griff's...his ball never had a downward plane while Griff's has more of the rainbow on it. Hes not as accurate, but an offseason to work on footwork and throwdowns can fix that. Given the same number of AB's that Griff had last year, projects to hit around 10 or 11 homers. Thats not the most accurate way to look at it but he has some pop in his bat.