TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford......

1. Default Lunsford......

Do y’all think he should be the next HC?

I love his enthusiasm-and he is an excellent recruiter.

The big problem I see is staff. An experienced and well-connected HC can bring a bunch of assistants along, or find them (like Fritz did.). It’s hard to imagine a whole lot of really good assistants who will be signing up to uproot and join a completely new staff.

I think this was a lot of Summer’s trouble. Bunch of real awful assistants-who had absolutely no business at this level. Maybe TS would have been decent with a better staff.

I love CL and definitely think he should be retained and given a raise. However, I am concerned about the assistants who would show up for him vs the staff a solidly proven HC would bring.

Default Re: Lunsford......

Bring on Davis or Bohannon, but give Lunsford a raise into the six figures. If we don't stupidly break the bank hiring a Pac-12 offensive coordinator (I don't think we will but you never know...) we'll have more money to pay him and our defensive coaches.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Bring on Davis or Bohannon, but give Lunsford a raise into the six figures. If we don't stupidly break the bank hiring a Pac-12 offensive coordinator (I don't think we will but you never know...) we'll have more money to pay him and our defensive coaches.
    I agree with this 100 percent.

If f we win out......and especially if we do it as impressively on all sides of the ball as yesterday...........heck yeah. He will have earned a shot.

Did yall not see the game? CL at HC, BB at OC, bring in some young hungry guys at QBC and OLC. Bring Cabral back to be the DL and Co-DC along with the DC from GMC. Let's roll.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Did yall not see the game? CL at HC, BB at OC, bring in some young hungry guys at QBC and OLC. Bring Cabral back to be the DL and Co-DC along with the DC from GMC. Let's roll.
    Yes I did...and even if we beat the brakes off of ULL and Coastal I don't know why you wouldn't want to make the coaching staff even better by bringing Davis or Bohannon here.

Like I said, bump up Lunsford's pay beyond what most G5s would pay for a position coach.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

7. Default Re: Lunsford......

I wish we had more insights into what coaching changes happened.

The O line looks much, much better. Someone got them on the same page.

Maybe CL really made big changes. Who knows?

I think he will definitely get a big HC job eventually. I’m just not sure this is his time. We sure don’t need another couple of bad seasons right now.

Southern could sign a DC who would bring his own assistants. With Lunsford as HC, Southern could pay defensive assistants highest salary in SBC easily

HC make tough decisions. If Lunsford gave Bodine play calling duties yesterday, then Lunsford has ##### and is a true leader.

Players respect Lunsford. Coaches were hand cuffed with TS, and needed time to adapt to new changes. Next 2 games could get real interesting.

If we lose to ULL and Coastal, the Lunsford love will die down.

Let's let the season play out.