TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford......

Default Re: Lunsford......

Reporter - "what did you tell the kids at halftime since you were holding a big lead, first time this season"

Lunsford - *stoically* "No let up, put your foot on their throat, choke em out. That's exactly what I said."

Summers - "Well, certainly it's nice to have a lead. If you look at it from a scoring standpoint we were able to put more points up than them, so that was a positive we took away."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Reporter - "what did you tell the kids at halftime since you were holding a big lead, first time this season"

Lunsford - *stoically* "No let up, put your foot on their throat, choke em out. That's exactly what I said."

Summers - "Well, certainly it's nice to have a lead. If you look at it from a scoring standpoint we were able to put more points up than them, so that was a positive we took away."

You forgot Lunsford's pause for dramatic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Too many variables and what ifs in that scenario.
    eaglefan, too many variables and what ifs - what are they? I count maybe two what ifs & one variable... LOL!!
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You forgot Lunsford's pause for dramatic effect.
    I was trying to determine how best to represent that with words, but gave up. The best part is he looks around the room and I can only imagine all the media were looking at him in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I was trying to determine how best to represent that with words, but gave up. The best part is he looks around the room and I can only imagine all the media were looking at him in disbelief.
    Sometimes, that's why it's good for a coach to realize when it's time to drop the "coach speak" in interviews and just let the truth come out.

That one answer shows a lot about his mentality and the attitude he wants the team to have.

Meanwhile, Summers would be fumbling for a something to say.

Don't really know much about Lunsford -- but he seems like a good guy, well-respected, players seem to like him, and the win on Saturday was a absolute miracle given what we had seen previously this season. But even if GS wins the next two (which I question) it would be a pretty big leap of faith to make him HC. Just seems like a big step and a high risk move to me. Want to see the next couple of games, but for now I'd still lean towards someone with successful head coaching experience. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSwampy View Post
    Don't really know much about Lunsford -- but he seems like a good guy, well-respected, players seem to like him, and the win on Saturday was a absolute miracle given what we had seen previously this season. But even if GS wins the next two (which I question) it would be a pretty big leap of faith to make him HC. Just seems like a big step and a high risk move to me. Want to see the next couple of games, but for now I'd still lean towards someone with successful head coaching experience. JMO.
    Whatever us winning out or even two of the last three games this man should have some sort of role in Ga Southern Football nine seasons of ups and downs for him!

I would be very disappointed if Lunsford isn't on the staff next year. Guy has shown me something with how he's handled this. Even if he isn't, I hope he secures a solid assistant coaching job somewhere. He deserves it. He may eventually be able to parlay this into a coordinator position one day.

If Lunsford wins out and isn't made HC, I don't know if we will be able to keep him. He has probably gotten a taste of the HC blood, and he will have earned a shot at it somewhere.

I think everyone can agree Lunsford has earned a chance at a significant role in some capacity somewhere.