TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 46474849 LastLast

Thread: GS VS Beach Chickens (CCU)

Default Re: GS VS Beach Chickens (CCU)

We beat ourselves Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Don't forget our 2 huge drop passes and our fumble. Our execution and our history this season of biting on the run allowing a wide out to be 20 yards open killed us. 17 points isn't going to get it done.
    This. These last 6 games have been nothing but bonus practices and I've seen improvement. The only thing different yesterday was the offense shooting itself in the foot like it has all year. Shai went back to trying to do it all himself.

7 wins in two years is on TK and Summers. Lunsford's team starts today (with a little priming).

3. Default Re: GS VS Beach Chickens (CCU)

The majority who find long-term success are most certainly that way - Steve Jobs being an exception, likely because Apple was his company.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Name one successful AD or CEO equivalent who's not that way, I'll wait

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    This. These last 6 games have been nothing but bonus practices and I've seen improvement. The only thing different yesterday was the offense shooting itself in the foot like it has all year. Shai went back to trying to do it all himself.

7 wins in two years is on TK and Summers. Lunsford's team starts today (with a little priming).
    Playcalling left a LOT to be desired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA28 View Post
    The majority who find long-term success are most certainly that way - Steve Jobs being an exception, likely because Apple was his company.
    He was definitely a my way or the highway type....and then got ran out of his own company because of it. He had to stage the equivalent of a hostile takeover to get Apple back.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Playcalling left a LOT to be desired yesterday.
    After so many dropped passes, I think he started trying to just get first downs with the running game. Had we caught half of the passes we dropped, the running game would've been better too.

I'll give CL the benefit of doubt. This reminds me a lot of the crappy 2013 we had and low expectations for Fritz in 14. I really already like what I've seen from Chad and I believe it will lead to the results we want - mostly because he's not going to be ok with mediocrity. As opposed to Mr "we're 3-0 and I don't know what you fans are complaining about".

7. Default Re: GS VS Beach Chickens (CCU)

Remember too that we had lame duck coaches coaching vs Coastal. I am cautiously optimistic next year we will see a much better GS team

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    Remember too that we had lame duck coaches coaching vs Coastal. I am cautiously optimistic next year we will see a much better GS team
    Kinda what I was wondering. Didn't watch the game, just halfway followed the wailing and gnashing of teeth here. Did having possibly a majority of the staff knowing they were going to be **** canned have any impact? Not directly comparable to the bowl game where a good bit of the staff were set.

9. Default Re: GS VS Beach Chickens (CCU)

I don t want to say too much but there were some real rifts between CL and certain members of the staff

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    I don t want to say too much but there were some real rifts between CL and certain members of the staff
    Like the 2 he fired?