TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

1. Default Re: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Yep. This guy has done a good job the last 5 weeks. There is no denying that. However, is he really the very best coach in the entire nation that we could afford?

All of the anti-flexboners should be happy. We have moved one more step away and B.B. and B.D. probably never answer our calls again.
    To be blunt....No

Default Re: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

How bad do you think Lunsford might be? The current staff has made huge progress after the Summers debacle. I don't see this as an emotional hire. If it is, it's fear. TK is fearful of hiring an unknown. We know what we have in CCL, but the others are still a question and a bigger risk.

Of the 3 names mentioned I'm fine with this hire. Maybe the KSU head coach, but not the other OC.
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Let's see what the contract terms are, and what staff he can bring in. Would Hill, Jaybo, Vic etc consider coming back as position coaches?
    Standby!

We have improved, but sorry. Zo gotta go! If CL makes that happen, I’m happier.

Hey JDC, go jump in Eagle Creek. If you're still negatove about this hire then feel free to self impose a ban on yourself... either way, get on the bus or GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Weve scored 86 points in the last two games, not sure it's about money.
    Against dog **** teams where was that magic against Troy, App and GagState? Context is a mother****er.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Hey JDC, go jump in Eagle Creek. If you're still negatove about this hire then feel free to self impose a ban on yourself... either way, get on the bus or GTFO!
    I present one of the facebook heros....I'll post what ever I want. I did with the Tyson hire and was dead on. I am not negative on Chad I am negative on him being hired over actually qualified people. Also what is negatove?
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Standby!
    Jaybo is coming. Lead-pipe lock.
    "Let's see if I've got this right. You people have posted four pages of delireum because some guy named pickle (who has a total of 50 posts on this board) has said that he has heard 2nd hand that Jaybo Shaw is going to transfer here???"-GeeCheeEagle

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Against dog **** teams where was that magic against Troy, App and GagState? Context is a mother****er.
    I can give you some context, but you'd call it excuses, so there's no way to counter your argument here.

On paper, was he the best choice? Nah. But none of us here also have any idea what was going on behind the scenes in terms of how CL handled the duties, made decisions most of us aren't aware of, and answering questions about what he wants to do with the staff. Those of us that want him are just in the dark as those of us who don't. Also, if paying CL less money means we can hire a really good DC and some great position coaches, that would be a plus. Our team is vastly improved under CL with the same staff, mainly less turnovers and less penalties, as well as a better offense and better defense. CL doesn't have to be the one calling plays, he just has to understand how to motivate and teach discipline among his players, and his coaches.