TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

1. Default Re: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    If it does, this one will be on the fan base. They will blame TK, but this one is on us.
    Every fan I’ve talked to is upset. Lunsford is probably a really nice guy, and certainly better than TS, but he’s not the coach most wanted.

Default Re: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Yeah hard to counter results...flip the schedule and we have a different coach.
    Flip the schedule and we would have still been 0-6 and fired CTS. Then we would have been 3-3 with a possibility of going 4-2 under CCL (especially if the bye week and extra time from the Wed night game included). I believe we would have beaten UNH, NMSU and AState under CCL. And who knows about UMASS?
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Well we were barely above FCS teams last year in recruiting and behind FCS team now so nowhere to go but up in recruiting. Havard is currently out recruiting us a team that does not even play for NC's.
    I guess we should thank our lucky stars we aren't playing Harvard next year.
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Every fan I’ve talked to is upset. Lunsford is probably a really nice guy, and certainly better than TS, but he’s not the coach most wanted.
    You're talking to the flexboner crowd. Walk away.

I'm not initially thrilled with the hire, but can's say it's a bad thing either. The turnaround in the past few weeks has been easy to see, regardless of the competition, so I certainly give Lunsford some major props for that. Still, seems like a high risk move to me. But, let's see how this week's game goes, how many other staff changes take place, and how recruiting goes. I'm on the Eagle bus, so let's get it moving on down the road. Hail Southern!

6. Default Re: LUNSFORD PROMOTED

There is no logical way anyone can look at this and say that Lunsford is better than BB, BD, Mike Houston or anyone else we interviewed, with the exception of Tee Martin. This hire is shortsighted at best and completely baffling at the worst.

Yes App and Troy still beat us badly also how do you know how much Lunsford is coaching during the game. Is he calling the offensive plays and defensive formations?

Listen AGAIN I am not against Lunsford I am against hiring him OVER what was available. Nothing but emotion and IF and BUTS with Lunsford and two wins over horrid teams that is it. We got beat bad by every team with a winning record and they were Sun Belt teams as well.
    What was available? Give me a break. The last thing we needed was to go back to a run heavy flexbone coach. Beyond that, who was really in our sights?

Maybe we could have made a more "qualified" hire... but you'd be damn hard pressed to find a better hire... especially one that the players would have thought was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle132 View Post
    Jaybo is coming. Lead-pipe lock.
    Well, I’ll be glad to see him, but he’s less qualified than any of our current offensive assistants . . . unless he takes Lunsford’s old job.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2583 View Post
    So Summers gets fired and everything INSTANTLY should turn around?

I don't care how bad a coach is, but when you fire someone mid-season, it's a whole lot of noise for the team to wade through.

GagState was a fluke IMO. Two fumbles at the end.
    Don’t forget the one at the beginning.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2583 View Post
    I guess we should thank our lucky stars we aren't playing Harvard next year.
    Honestly glad we are not or NDSU that is ahead of us as well.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.