TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My View On Lunsford

Default My View On Lunsford

I wanted Houston. I wanted us to bring in a coach who would bring in his staff. I knew if we hired Houston and he won, then he would be gone in 2-3 years.
    I got Lunsford. A coach who grew up in Georgia. Has coached for us for over 9 years. He has seen our operation from Bottom to Top.
    I wanted an experienced Head Coach, but I got a coach experienced in Georgia Southern. Honestly, I think we needed a coach experienced in Georgia Southern.
    We need a coach that wants to be here. Has seen the good and bad ways to coach. Didn't create bad habits as a Head Coach in other places.

Coach Chad Lunsford wants to coach this team. He wants to make Georgia Southern a football power house because he wants it for our school.
    If he is successful, his alma-mater won't come knocking. If something doesn't work, he isn't so hard headed to not make changes.

I hope we got a PJ Fleck, but I know without a doubt we did not get a Tyson Summers.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Default Re: My View On Lunsford

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    I wanted Houston. I wanted us to bring in a coach who would bring in his staff. I knew if we hired Houston and he won, then he would be gone in 2-3 years.
    I got Lunsford. A coach who grew up in Georgia. Has coached for us for over 9 years. He has seen our operation from Bottom to Top.
    I wanted an experienced Head Coach, but I got a coach experienced in Georgia Southern. Honestly, I think we needed a coach experienced in Georgia Southern.
    We need a coach that wants to be here. Has seen the good and bad ways to coach. Didn't create bad habits as a Head Coach in other places.

Coach Chad Lunsford wants to coach this team. He wants to make Georgia Southern a football power house because he wants it for our school.
    If he is successful, his alma-mater won't come knocking. If something doesn't work, he isn't so hard headed to not make changes.

I hope we got a PJ Fleck, but I know without a doubt we did not get a Tyson Summers.
    +1000, he coached under CM and CF which ain't bad. He understands us. We are going to be A-OK.

I hope we build him a statue one day, I really do.

4. Default Re: My View On Lunsford

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000, he coached under CM and CF which ain't bad. He understands us. We are going to be A-OK.
    That's the problem we may be just okay. Marginal successful but nothing close to GS standards. Sugar coat it all you want.

Very well said Brother! AEKDB

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    He has seen the good and the bad. If he can add a couple key coaches, we can create something truly special.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post

Being experienced at school does not make you anymore qualified. Houston probably never stepped foot on JMU's campus in his life and Saban probably had never stepped foot in Louisana or on LSU's campus before going there and winning NC'S. That his hokey stuff that people use to justify a hire.

I will be rooting for him and not predicting anything especially since we have ZERO clue who will be the OC and DC but the hire is asinine plain and simple.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    That's the problem we may be just okay. Marginal successful but nothing close to GS standards. Sugar coat it all you want.
    I hear you, but don’t take marginal success for granted.

And don’t assume that we’ll get it under Lunsford (things could be better, or they could be worse).
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I will be rooting for him and not predicting anything especially since we have ZERO clue who will be the OC and DC but the hire is asinine plain and simple.
    Why do you say that? He’s got a staff already under contract, and he’s been linked to other assistants who look like legit contenders for roles in 2018.

I’m guessing that separated him from McGee.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I hear you, but don’t take marginal success for granted.

And don’t assume that we’ll get it under Lunsford (things could be better, or they could be worse).
    +1 pete but so far I've liked what I've seen. I think CL and his team's over the next 4-5 years are going to surprise a lot of people.