TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford's Staff

Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    I disagree. Summers should never have been given that contract either.
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Valid points, but their is a big difference between making below what TS made and making $150k more.

And, IMO we should have learned a lesson from overpaying for an inexperienced HC with the TS hire.
    No...you guys asking why are absolutely correct. TK should have doubled down, given CCL a 5% raise over what he's making now, then warned him about looking for a better gig as soon as he left the interview. Remember, he has a legacy to uphold of hand-me-down school buses, a K-mart football, white trainers tape on the helmets, and two generations of Monday morning water cooler warriors chortling on how we won seventeen games last year with a budget lower than most Pop Warner programs. You guys kill me...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Looks very similar. I know some will dismiss because he has never worked here before and is not TrueBlue.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

3. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post

Looks very similar. I know some will dismiss because he has never worked here before and is not TrueBlue.
    This is hilarious. Take a look at SELA's OC bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Stole it from the 24/7 site but no way he is coming here, LOL he has already met TK.....

I dont know what I am thinking this is going to be the biggest good ole boy hiring fest we have ever seen.

you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    No...you guys asking why are absolutely correct. TK should have doubled down, given CCL a 5% raise over what he's making now, then warned him about looking for a better gig as soon as he left the interview. Remember, he has a legacy to uphold of hand-me-down school buses, a K-mart football, white trainers tape on the helmets, and two generations of Monday morning water cooler warriors chortling on how we won seventeen games last year with a budget lower than most Pop Warner programs. You guys kill me...
    Say what you will about the "Monday morning water cooler warriors," but those/we are the individuals that ultimately receive the phone calls and emails when the AD is looking for more funding.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I dont know what I am thinking this is going to be the biggest good ole boy hiring fest we have ever seen.
    Coaching staff hires are almost always due to networking and relationships. Nobody is going to bring someone in to their staff that they don't have a good feel for or know well. Staff chemistry is huge.

I threw this guy's name into the anybody/everybody list of names and noted his OC then.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Coaching staff hires are almost always due to networking and relationships. Nobody is going to bring someone in to their staff that they don't have a good feel for or know well. Staff chemistry is huge.
    Fritz did not with Ruse or Curtis....I get knowing someone personally and it being a deciding factor over an semi equal candidate but just hiring off a relationship is not a good idea on its own. Harder to fire a friend as well. CMR had a real problem with that.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Say what you will about the "Monday morning water cooler warriors," but those/we are the individuals that ultimately receive the phone calls and emails when the AD is looking for more funding.
    Yes...I get those calls as well. And whether or not you think CCL 'deserves' that level of pay, we have to show the coaching world that we are serious about wanting to play big-boy football, retaining a coaching staff, and rewarding success. If not, when we're looking for our next HC in 2-3 years the pool of FBS-level coaching talent willing to accept a sub-par pay-day, no security after the first year, and an incredibly hostile and fickle fan base will be much smaller than it already is.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology