TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford's Staff

Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

I like the Sloan idea.

He looks solid and has history here and a lot of connections and history in this state.
    Strong background.
    As close as you can get to taking an FBS DC.. being a Co-DC now.

Not to mention that it weakens App State (to some degree) and takes away one of their top state of GA recruiters.

I think we can get VC to come back home from Samford in the same capacity he serves now for them. Maybe even give him a Co-DC title tag at some point? It be a homecoming and a promotion to an FBS staff. I'd assume a pay raise as well. We sure can use his energy and love of the place.

Sloan/VC.. That's a pretty good Defensive coaching boost right there imop. But I'm just saying it'd be good with no information on what might really happen.
    Just commenting on some of the mentioned options. I'd like to see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    And the biggest *****ers on here give how much??
    More than 90% if the freaks on FaceBook

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You can also impress the coaching world by offering a record payroll for assistants.

He would be a good one. Has recruiting chops and has been one of their top defensive coaches.
    Not hating on it at all. App recruiting in the FBS has not been stellar BTW but defense have nothing to complain about.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    New rule: Every time you give your two cents, you pay $.02? I think we could get some major change if the rule applies to twitter and FB too.
    We would surpass Ohio State if this applied to FaceBook, I had to unfollow that page...it was just to much.

you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    And the biggest *****ers on here give how much??
    Does that really matter? The biggest ****er on this board may also be one of our biggest donors, we do not know. Unlikely, but we do not know that for sure. Nonetheless, we are still being solicited to just voluntarily hand over hard earned money to the AD, and do just because we want to, that is reality and IMO not fair for us to be labeled "Monday morning water cooler warriors," or the like just because we do not share a similar opinion.

I don't have an issue with the pay although I was surprised by it out of the gate.

The more I think about Lunsford in this position, the more I like it. Especially if some/most of these staff rumors pan out to be true.

We certainly couldn't have had him making the same/close to what any of his staff would be making. And a year "trial" or anything could have potentially led to a feeling of less authority among any retained coaches. It may also have been an issue in regards to separation of how much we might need to pay a new DC or OC? It's hard enough in ANY job when an equal co-worker/buddy is promoted to your boss. Our administration imop needed to make it clear that they are setting him up to be THE MAN - with full contract support and authority. Recruiting would have been harder with anything less as well.

This is our Leader, OUR HEAD COACH. We aren't going to find a HC with more GATA in his blood than Lunsford. He is blue blooded and blue collar!

HAIL SOUTHERN!

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    New rule: Every time you give your two cents, you pay $.02? I think we could get some major change if the rule applies to twitter and FB too.
    I Like it!

Imagine a message board that you sign up for with your debit/credit card.
    It's free to join!
    .02 to comment.
    All $ raised goes to the Eagle Fund.

What am I talking about.. I'm cheap Got to join that Eagles Nest thing someday.
    I'm almost there Paul!

I'm glad I don't get charged per letter - I could just sign my pay check over to the board if that were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I Like it!

I'm glad I don't get charged per letter - I could just sign my pay check over to the board if that were true.
    LOL my fiancee would KILL ME.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

This is may be the most important thread after the coaching hire on here. I hope that it makes through all of the staff announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Not hating on it at all. App recruiting in the FBS has not been stellar BTW but defense have nothing to complain about.
    Rankings be damned . . .

You know what makes me want to puke? Looking at App’s current commitments and seeing their hometowns.

How is it even possible that those guys are committing to App over offers from GS?

These aren’t players we’re overlooking. These are players they’re beating us for head-to-head.

Hire Sloan on Monday and flip those guys.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown