TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 41 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford's Staff

Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    All true but the flames were stoked by the AD's comments and the hire. If we did not go the Bohannon route why was the guy that has been here for six weeks knew he was a serious candidate since the ULL win not more advanced in his choices? Also the AD harped on the early signing period and "hitting the ground running" and at best we have some position coaches who do not even know if there new boss will keep them on the road. I agree they should not be rushed but based on the hire and AD's own words the impatience is justified to an extent.
    “to an extent” is the key phrase here.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    “to an extent” is the key phrase here.
    We we did not hit the ground running...that is for sure. Cant really understand why because nobody is giving answers. After the CCU loss TK is back in his hole and not out in front of every camera.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

3. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jim121256 View Post
    That might be a good thing, but I think you may believe it would be easier to get him to GS than it would really be!
    Reading some of his quotes in their paper after the game. He really doesn’t like Southern and was relishing that butt kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    Reading some of his quotes in their paper after the game. He really doesn’t like Southern and was relishing that butt kicking.
    I saw some references from CCU fans that he hinted at how much he enjoyed it. Anyone have any links?

Maybe everyone is looking at this wrong. Maybe they problem is not with our secondary but with our offensive play calling. Maybe WE just need to run the plays that everyone runs against us. You know, the plays that get receivers streaking 25-40 yards deep down the middle, wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Maybe everyone is looking at this wrong. Maybe they problem is not with our secondary but with our offensive play calling. Maybe WE just need to run the plays that everyone runs against us. You know, the plays that get receivers streaking 25-40 yards deep down the middle, wide open.
    We did have an OC problem, but we don't need to run what everybody else does.

And I KNOW we had a DC play calling issue as those guys should not be wide open down the middle of the field, time and time again.

7. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Figured we’d have more staff in place by now.

8. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    I hope CCL has a copy of this and keeps it in mind and then tosses it back in this douchebag's face after we curb stomp them next year. Chadwell needs to learn to control his tongue when speaking of an opponent you will face annually.

“I do have personal issues [with Georgia Southern] but you try not to let the emotions of the deal, whatever it may be of what happened, I don’t want to say cloud you, maybe it motivates you,” Chadwell said. “But that’s between us and not this team, me and them. Was it good to win? Yeah. It was good to be able to do it especially because they had all the momentum and all the things that everybody’s saying how great they are and all this and that, and we dominated them for four quarters so that felt good.”

Chadwell said he believes Georgia Southern, in addition to being a personal rival for at least the near future, could become one of Coastal’s bigger rivals in the Sun Belt Conference. “Georgia Southern obviously being relatively close to us is probably going to become a natural rival,” he said. “They were riding a lot of momentum coming in here and it was good for us to play well off an open week. We probably could have beaten them a little worse.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/spo...187868634.html
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Our best bet is just to keep quiet, kick everyone's *** next year, and let the results speak for themselves. I'm tired of all this posturing and in-your-face crap, we just need to play some hard-nosed football again.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Our best bet is just to keep quiet, kick everyone's *** next year, and let the results speak for themselves. I'm tired of all this posturing and in-your-face crap, we just need to play some hard-nosed football again.
    +1