TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford's Staff

Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    I guess Sloan won't hit our recruiting trail any time soon. According to 247, he will coach with App through their bowl game on December 23rd.
    No reason he can't recruit and coach. He just probably won't be making too many in home visits.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

My guess is he’ll be working on getting his staff lined up so they can hit the ground running. ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    I guess Sloan won't hit our recruiting trail any time soon. According to 247, he will coach with App through their bowl game on December 23rd.
    There's only 5 days left in the open contact period anyway, it ends on Dec 16.

That's why some of us have been so vocal about getting the coordinators announced. We only have 5 days of recruiting prior to the early signing period and are still lacking official announcements of OC/DC and what staff is remaining.

4. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

It was before i was allowed to post on here. I know you guys wont believe it but as soon as lunsford was named HC, my prediction was Sloan and Cabral would be here. Just knew they were all really good friends and have coached together.

Don't we have only like 10 schollys available? If so this class isnt going to be huge.

5. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    My guess is he’ll be working on getting his staff lined up so they can hit the ground running. ASAP
    I'm not sure if he will bring others in. My hope is a LB coach. Nothing against Bastein but our LB's didn't look good this year. Between Sloan and Rowell, I think our secondary is covered. Cabral got DL locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    It was before i was allowed to post on here. I know you guys wont believe it but as soon as lunsford was named HC, my prediction was Sloan and Cabral would be here. Just knew they were all really good friends and have coached together.

Don't we have only like 10 schollys available? If so this class isnt going to be huge.
    We have enough scholarships available to sign at least 18-20 players, maybe more.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I'm not sure if he will bring others in. My hope is a LB coach. Nothing against Bastein but our LB's didn't look good this year. Between Sloan and Rowell, I think our secondary is covered. Cabral got DL locked down.
    Pat did a good job. The LB core lacked depth with some attrition and a the schemes were quite suspect to best use them as they were constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Pat did a good job. The LB core lacked depth with some attrition and a the schemes were quite suspect to best use them as they were constructed.
    I don’t know much about Bastien, but I agree with the second sentence. BVG himself (the greatest LB coach in the history of organized football) couldn’t have coached our current LBs to be successful at their 2017 assignments.

I’m interested to see whether we go to the 3-4. I’d like that, and I THINK it would mitigate our lack of foot speed at LB, while playing to our personnel strength at OLB/rush end.
    Last edited by pete4256; 11th December 2017 at 09:34 AM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

"I am fired up to bring Scot Sloan back to Statesboro as our defensive coordinator," Lunsford said. "Scot is a guy who has worked at Georgia Southern before and he understands this place. He's familiar with the traditions and expectations that go with being an Eagle and has enjoyed success at many of his previous stops. Scot brings a wealth of football knowledge and recruiting expertise to our proud program and with that brings instant value. I'm excited to get him in town and let him hit the ground running."