TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 9394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford's Staff

Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    What process is it that we are supposed to have faith in?
    There's no one on the coaching staff named Tyson or Zo

The process of Georgia Southern being a bad a$$ football program with winning tradition

2. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    We have an OC with 34 years of experience and record setting stops at SHSU and NM, a DC from App State - a team with a top 30 defense in the country. I think that's a gift.
    Exactly.

These guys are proven.

3. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    There's no one on the coaching staff named Tyson or Zo

The process of Georgia Southern being a bad a$$ football program with winning tradition
    I was trying to ask a serious question. What is the process that they are talking about or is just a nice catchy slogan they started to use when the early recruiting period did not go very well? I'm just kinda curious as to what it really means.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I was trying to ask a serious question. What is the process that they are talking about or is just a nice catchy slogan they started to use when the early recruiting period did not go very well? I'm just kinda curious as to what it really means.

My guess would be that it means this thing isn't going to be rebuilt over night. Tyson came in wanting to change the culture and he sure as hell did it alright. Now that culture has to be changed again. A lot of really bad habits have to be broken. A lot of guys who are juniors and seniors have the progression of most freshmen and sophomores (Look at guys like Culbreth, Northrup, Fields, Hunt, etc 2 years of a ****ty S&C program and ****ty coaching has left them at the end of their junior seasons basically no better than at the end of their freshmen seasons). The "process" starts when the players get back on campus and start the offseason S&C program and goes through spring practice, summer workouts, and fall camp. Unfortunately this thing has to be torn down and built back up.

It's either Klak or Eaglewraith that always say "process not results". If you have a good proven process you will get results. And that's what our new coordinators bring with them. A proven process. Especially our new OC. He not only brings a proven process but a process that our fan base will embrace and one that we have already shown we can be dominant in the SunBelt with.

The only question that remains (and rightfully so a fearful one) is that as of now we have a lot of assistant holdovers from the previous staff. And there were a lot of problems within each individual unit that came from lack of preparation/teaching. There is no doubt in my mind that the playcalling will be light years better than that junk Cook threw out there. But if Bodine stays on as OL coach will we get better OL play? If Wood is moved to QB coach will we get better QB play?
    Last edited by half-n-half; 27th December 2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Not sure what kind of process DeBesse would employ to make the needed changes. Your best bet would be to watch NM the year prior to DeBesse's arrival, and the year after. With the results that DeBesse had from the moment he arrived, it is obvious that he had to know the triple option extremely well to know how his system would be best served with the players he had to work with - from the QB to the OL and the kind of coaching they would need to get the desired results.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    My guess would be that it means this thing isn't going to be rebuilt over night. Tyson came in wanting to change the culture and he sure as hell did it alright. Now that culture has to be changed again. A lot of really bad habits have to be broken. A lot of guys who are juniors and seniors have the progression of most freshmen and sophomores (Look at guys like Culbreth, Northrup, Fields, Hunt, etc 2 years of a ****ty S&C program and ****ty coaching has left them at the end of their junior seasons basically no better than at the end of their freshmen seasons). The "process" starts when the players get back on campus and start the offseason S&C program and goes through spring practice, summer workouts, and fall camp. Unfortunately this thing has to be torn down and built back up.

It's either Klak or Eaglewraith that always say "process not results". If you have a good proven process you will get results. And that's what our new coordinators bring with them. A proven process. Especially our new OC. He not only brings a proven process but a process that our fan base will embrace and one that we have already shown we can be dominant in the SunBelt with.

The only question that remains (and rightfully so a fearful one) is that as of now we have a lot of assistant holdovers from the previous staff. And there were a lot of problems within each individual unit that came from lack of preparation/teaching. There is no doubt in my mind that the playcalling will be light years better than that junk Cook threw out there. But if Bodine stays on as OL coach will we get better OL play? If Wood is moved to QB coach will we get better QB play?
    We both say it.

As for the assistants issue, we've seen an example of this with a former coordinator that operated under 2 different HC's. Everyone's opinion of Curtis changed a lot between when he was working under Monken and when he worked under Fritz.

The same thing might be happening with the assistants. I went back and looked at Citadel against us while Bodine was coaching their OL....and they looked a LOT better than what we saw last year. This might be a case of the HC poisoning EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We both say it.

As for the assistants issue, we've seen an example of this with a former coordinator that operated under 2 different HC's. Everyone's opinion of Curtis changed a lot between when he was working under Monken and when he worked under Fritz.

The same thing might be happening with the assistants. I went back and looked at Citadel against us while Bodine was coaching their OL....and they looked a LOT better than what we saw last year. This might be a case of the HC poisoning EVERYTHING.
    Our OL looked miraculously less lost and more "talented" against South Alabama, UL, and even (dare I say it) Georgia State than they did most of the season.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    or, some folks thought he was better than he was after that freshman season, had way high expectations, either way he still is a pretty darn good RB and I would think with the "new" offense we will see more consistent production out of all our RBs.
    I agree... the RB’s are not at fault. OL and the overall offensive scheme regressed. Poor execution... Did anyone see how bad we were after the first 4 games this year? Auburn was to be expected somewhat...but New Hampshire was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We both say it.

I’m hoping that’s the case. Because on paper we don’t have bad assistants. My main concern is mainly at QB. I’m banking on a better scheme making the OL look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

10. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Have faith in the PROCESS!#HailSouthern pic.twitter.com/zxXzHqLZKn
    — Bob DeBesse (@Coachdebesse5) December 27, 2017
    Wasn't that the motto of TS's staff in year one? I have much more faith in this new staff, but not enough were I am comfortable with them looking to TS for motivational strategies, lol.