TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Optimistic Lunsford Thread

Default The Optimistic Lunsford Thread

People can say whatever they want about the hiring of Lunsford, but I for one am more excited for the future of Georgia Southern than I have been in a while! I cannot wait to see who he brings in staff wise and recruit wise and get ready to GATA in 2018!

Default Re: The Optimistic Lunsford Thread

In before JDC pisses on this thread.

The guy has a lot of fire in the belly, and seems to be able to correct issues. I have some things I have reservations about with pulling the interim tag, but game management is definitely not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    LOL
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Ha ha!
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

6. Default Re: The Optimistic Lunsford Thread

Hopefully CCU doesn’t blow us out this Saturday

We will have plenty of money for assistant coaches.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    People can say whatever they want about the hiring of Lunsford, but I for one am more excited for the future of Georgia Southern than I have been in a while! I cannot wait to see who he brings in staff wise and recruit wise and get ready to GATA in 2018!
    I'm with you. Now we can open the offense up and let the hosses run. Werts had progressed slowly under Summers but he is beginning to blossom under CCL. Can't wait to see the improvements next fall. We might not be world beaters next year but we'll go bowling and play some GEORGIA SOUTHERN football

9. Default Re: The Optimistic Lunsford Thread

I’m all for an optimistic thread for once! What are we hearing about Lunsford’s staff? I’m hearing everyone is staying except Zo and Lunsford is calling Coach Cab to come back. Wild speculation though.

I think one important factor in this decision is that the players on the team are behind CCL.

If you consider the amount of change that this team has gone through since Monken announced his departure, I think many of these players want some stability and a chance to stick with something (that they have got working somewhat better) and then work hard on improving from a solid base. The first steps were taken these last games to simplify things down to what is working, and add wrinkles slowly and as needed from there. It has cut down on penalties and turnovers as well. And of course winning games also brings confidence which begets more winning. The team has confidence and fire in their bellies now and I think that CCL and the position coaches deserve much kudos for making that happen.

I am fully behind CCL and hope he is the next great GaSo coach that I think he can be. Since the players are behind him, then the fans should have some respect for their opinion. They players are the ones that most need to buy in to the coach...

A second and also critical part of this is the recruiting tiemline. We really need to have our HC now and have him working on retaining and improving next years recruiting class. Question marks are not good when they are in the mind of an 18 year old making a very important decision of where to go to college. If you don't know the coach, you don't know if you fit the program.

I think TK made the right decision- stability and recruiting! The worst thing now is for this fanbase to stay stuck in the negative mindset of the Summers era. The decision is made- embrace the change and support the start of the Lunsford Era... which we all hope will be glorious!
    Last edited by RobFromNorcross; 27th November 2017 at 02:38 PM.