TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: New head coach..

  1. #1

    Default New head coach..

    Well..

    I'm of the opinion that old people should leave all the worrying to you younger folks with more opinions than Carter has little liver pills, but I'd like to make a comment or two on the hiring of our new football coach Lunsford, if I may..

    First..

    He's hired.

    Secondly..

    It seems to me, just by the results of the last two games (which incidentally many of our fans were considering sure losses) I don't have a clue what has changed, other THAN the new coach, but there has been a drastic change..

    In my opinion..

    You can't please all of the people all of the time, so I'm sure a reasonable percentage of GS fans will weep and wail that we didn't do a serious new head coach search, or we hired a guy and paid him too much because?

    Don't know the because, other than he's done all that was asked of him when he stepped in, and I think deserves a shot at head coach here.

    Some folks here seem to think hiring a coach who we know LOVES Georgia Southern University is a bad thing.

    I don't.

    I like the guy, I'll support him, and wish him well.

    Obviously IF our new coach is unsuccessful here he'll be giving his walking papers quick enough, but, for some reason (and I didn't play psychic at a Holiday Inn Express party last night) I think he'll do just fine, and when the smoke clears?

    I'm thinking most of the GS faithful will agree his hiring was a good choice after all.....

    It seems SOMETHING has changed since our last coach took the big grey dog out of Statesboro, and it strikes me that SOME of the credit should go to the gentleman who took the wheel at the departure of the previous head coach..

    I think GS fans should circle the wagons and support the dickens out of our new head football coach, and I'm betting he'll appreciate our support, and do a good job..

    But that's just me.

    Be true to your school and remember!

    Rock and Roll will never die!

    jesse
    Laus Deo

  2. #2

    Default Re: New head coach..

    Quote Originally Posted by PX View Post
    Well..

    I'm of the opinion that old people should leave all the worrying to you younger folks with more opinions than Carter has little liver pills, but I'd like to make a comment or two on the hiring of our new football coach Lunsford, if I may..

    First..

    He's hired.

    Secondly..

    It seems to me, just by the results of the last two games (which incidentally many of our fans were considering sure losses) I don't have a clue what has changed, other THAN the new coach, but there has been a drastic change..

    In my opinion..

    You can't please all of the people all of the time, so I'm sure a reasonable percentage of GS fans will weep and wail that we didn't do a serious new head coach search, or we hired a guy and paid him too much because?

    Don't know the because, other than he's done all that was asked of him when he stepped in, and I think deserves a shot at head coach here.

    Some folks here seem to think hiring a coach who we know LOVES Georgia Southern University is a bad thing.

    I don't.

    I like the guy, I'll support him, and wish him well.

    Obviously IF our new coach is unsuccessful here he'll be giving his walking papers quick enough, but, for some reason (and I didn't play psychic at a Holiday Inn Express party last night) I think he'll do just fine, and when the smoke clears?

    I'm thinking most of the GS faithful will agree his hiring was a good choice after all.....

    It seems SOMETHING has changed since our last coach took the big grey dog out of Statesboro, and it strikes me that SOME of the credit should go to the gentleman who took the wheel at the departure of the previous head coach..

    I think GS fans should circle the wagons and support the dickens out of our new head football coach, and I'm betting he'll appreciate our support, and do a good job..

    But that's just me.

    Be true to your school and remember!

    Rock and Roll will never die!

    jesse
    Well said, Jesse

  3. #3

    Default Re: New head coach..

    I agree Jesse

  4. #4

    Default Re: New head coach..

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Well said, Jesse
    I totally agree too.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hinesville(Gumbranch), GA
    Posts
    8,144

    Default Re: New head coach..

    +100%
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    7,344

    Default Re: New head coach..

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    +100%
    +200%

  7. Default Re: New head coach..

    It’s done on to recruiting!

  8. #8

    Default Re: New head coach..

    I am just sick of the second guessing, pontificating, “we could have done better” bulls*** permeating this board. There a few who will never be satisfied. Time for the ignore button. I think we have a good hire, I’m behind him, I’m a long Time season ticket holder and donor and am happy.

  9. #9

    Default Re: New head coach..

    Quote Originally Posted by bfteagle View Post
    I am just sick of the second guessing, pontificating, “we could have done better” bulls*** permeating this board. There a few who will never be satisfied. Time for the ignore button. I think we have a good hire, I’m behind him, I’m a long Time season ticket holder and donor and am happy.
    You here that gang!? This guy is happy, so the rest of us should shut the F up and not point out that our football coach hiring process appears to be a dog and pony show.

    I heard this same rhetoric when we hired Tyson Summers.

  10. Default Re: New head coach..

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    You here that gang!? This guy is happy, so the rest of us should shut the F up and not point out that our football coach hiring process appears to be a dog and pony show.

    I heard this same rhetoric when we hired Tyson Summers.
    It's funny you say that because on the other side there is a group that is saying the opposite. "Its a dog and pony show and I am pissed and know so much more than TK so y'all should all be pissed to". Seems like everyone stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Similar Threads

  1. My head coach
    By hillbillyeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 26th November 2017, 12:51 PM
  2. WTOC Savannah Says New Coach Most Likely a Current College Head Coach
    By straightshooter in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 27th December 2013, 04:20 PM
  3. Our next head coach
    By turfwar in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23rd December 2013, 01:47 PM
  4. AND THE NEW HEAD COACH IS....
    By oldfart in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th November 2009, 01:59 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th May 2009, 03:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •