TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New head coach..

Default Re: New head coach..

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    What we don't need is fans and boosters micromanaging the athletic department. That type of crap is what gave us the BVG error.
    Ummm . . . that type of crap is what just gave us this hire.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I think the work that CL did in the last 6 weeks or so is what gave us this hire. TK and the admin staff have seen the impact he has had since taking over, as well as having worked with him previously. It's entirely possible that he was a better candidate than some of the other people. I know that is hard to believe to some people here, but it is not that far out of the scope of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I think the work that CL did in the last 6 weeks or so is what gave us this hire. TK and the admin staff have seen the impact he has had since taking over, as well as having worked with him previously. It's entirely possible that he was a better candidate than some of the other people. I know that is hard to believe to some people here, but it is not that far out of the scope of possibility.
    If that were indeed the case then it still speaks to our process and suggests we aren't generating the level of interest this job warrants. Not to mention the qualified interested candidates that weren't interviewed.

If that were indeed the case then it still speaks to our process and suggests we aren't generating the level of interest this job warrants. Not to mention the qualified interested candidates that weren't interviewed.
    How do we know there were qualified interested candidates that weren't interviewed? Because someone on a message board said so? Or because the candidate themselves said so? Maybe they said it so it didn't look like they were attempting to leave their job and didn't get it. We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    How do we know there were qualified interested candidates that weren't interviewed? Because someone on a message board said so? Or because the candidate themselves said so? Maybe they said it so it didn't look like they were attempting to leave their job and didn't get it. We'll never know.
    I can only speak for one in particular, but given the backgrounds of some of the interested candidates, there are more direct lines of communication in Statesboro than this message board.

You and I seem to agree on most things. Or at least I agree with most of your post.

But I'll say that this hire was "given" to us by more than Alumni interference.

Not hiring McGee after the Bowl game when lots of players wanted to keep him and some fans has created some level of heat now that DM is burning it up with recruiting and pulling in a big salary at uga. But he had far less experience and readiness imop for this HC job than Lunsford.. it isn't even close.

After the disaster of the Summers hire, weighing the impact of again not hiring the player's favorite had to be an influence.
    This time, even more fans were behind the hire.

Not having to completely rebuild and start from scratch needed to be part of the influence/consideration.

Sure there are personal ties to maybe some big boosters that were an influence. Money always talks!
    But traditionally those influences push you to some flashy name.. like Vangimpystash.

I think it speaks to Lunsford's credit if some boosters threw their support behind him.

Now I'm hoping we get the KSU OC. I "wants my flexbone"
    But I DO want to see an emphasis on hurting defenses with the pass. A hybrid type scheme where we go flex/ then gun and back to flex through out the game could be deadly.

I'm saying I wanted Bohannon. He has PROVEN what he can do.
    But three years ago, he was an assistant under PJ. Had we hired him then, the complaints on a "nation wide search" would have been the same.
    I care NOTHING about searching the entire nation to find a winning coach when we have PLENTY of closer avenues and coaching ties to draw winning guys from.
    So taking a guy in OUR own HOUSE doesn't bother me in the least.

Let's all give Lunsford the undivided support that we'd give an already proven Nation wide known coach. (I'm not suggesting you said anything suggesting you wouldn'). We need to be united.. OUR "HOUSE divided against itself cannot stand"
    I think CL has earned that with all of his years of service here.
    Let's give him a chance to PROVE himself just as Bohannon has.

7. Default Re: New head coach..

Sure there are personal ties to maybe some big boosters that were an influence. Money always talks!
    But traditionally those influences push you to some flashy name.. like Vangimpystash.

Vangimpystash? Now that made me laugh out loud.... not good while on a conference call.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.