TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any update on recruiting?

Default Re: Any update on recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Coach Summers brought in some very good talent in his two recruiting classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    He did but also failed to get enough of the mutipositional and highly atheletic ones who can really run. They come in simply as “athletes” that can cross train or play either side of the ball. I do like the height and length but made that too high a priority ... IMO.
    Every class has some talent but you cant LIVE the 100's+ and expect to win, just a fact. We should be OK maybe for the next two years as prior to 2017 we did well but last years class was bad overall and this one is shaping up to be worse AL will have some top recruits be a bust, get hurt or flunk out but when you have a ton of top three stars players coming somebody will fill the gap more than likely . If we have top recruits bust or get hurt or flunk out we dont have much of a chance of someone filling the gap. That is why these things matter and getting a few good players every class does not work. You have to land solid classes from top to bottom consistently if you want consistent results.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Coach Summers brought in some very good talent in his two recruiting classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I guess that illustrates the challenge that I imagine exists: it's not like we can tell recruits that we're going for a 'Fritz-like' style. It's got to be tough to articulate a sales pitch in the absence of a name to whom you can attribute the philosophy.
    Lets just hope Fritz is done with trying to land GA recruits because if we go in saying we are trying to run a Fritz style offense why would they just not go to Tulane and play for a Fritz? Also Fritz is 65th in the country right now ahead of five P5's Tulane the last decade was lucky to be in the 80's...things are going to be interesting in a year or two when he builds depth ranked that high in the next few years.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Gun option with throw game. Boom.
    Or just call it a spread option and move on.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yes, I could just call a Ferrari an "automobile" and move on too, but where is the sexiness in that?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    What is the answer to the question "Who is the OC and what will we run?"

Is it "We don't know, but you're going to love him and his offense."?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yes, I could just call a Ferrari an "automobile" and move on too, but where is the sexiness in that?
    Or you could call a Ferrari a "high performance Italian sports car" and move on.

"Spread option" is a generic term used by Urban Meyer, Paul Johnson, and others to refer to their very different offenses. I guess most people associate it with Meyer, Guz Malzahn, Art Briles, Chip Kelly, et al. They probably think spread formations, zone blocking, zone read, and dual-threat QBs.

Fundamentally, Fritz's offense is just another variation on that. The RPO and tempo elements weren't particularly advanced when Fritz was at GS, but it was probably 75% the same as what Baylor did under Briles.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown