Default Re: Summers to UGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Any intelligent Coach should.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    CS was and is a GREAT guy. He was not ready to be a HC. Look at ALL the teams out there, lots of "not good HC's". I hope he gets the job.
    Agreed 100%. Sadly for him, I'm not sure that he'll ever get another shot at being a head coach - BVG never did after he crashed and burned here. But Summers was a great person and I'm happy for him if he can secure employment for himself, especially if he won't have to move his family cross-country. I wish him nothing but the best.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Being a LB coach is a step down the ladder. I would have expected him to get another DC job.
    He's going to be making more money than probably any of our coaches sans Lunsford, and probably more than most G5 DCs. So I pretty much stand by what I said

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If he gets fired he's going straight to a G5 (maybe even a P5) DC position.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    Agreed 100%. Sadly for him, I'm not sure that he'll ever get another shot at being a head coach - BVG never did after he crashed and burned here. But Summers was a great person and I'm happy for him if he can secure employment for himself, especially if he won't have to move his family cross-country. I wish him nothing but the best.

Summers is young enough that he will definitely get another shot at being a head coach if that's what he wants. BVG never did because he got out of the college game and then by the time he got back in the game had changed so much he wasn't even a good DC anymore. Monte Kiffin can tell you how much easier it is to be a DC in the NFL. Plus all the bouncing around BVG did helped him to sink himself.

This would be about the best possible scenerio for Tyson if he can land the LB gig. Like has been pointed out the money might even be more than what we are paying him. He will have a chance to learn from a one of the best young coaches in the game on how to be a head coach and run a program. And UGA has a ton of young talent at LB so after a few years his resume will look good nomatter what.

I had a UGA fan ask me about Tyson yesterday morning because on Wednesday night he had already heard the rumor that Sherrer was going to UT and Tyson would be replacing him in Athens. I was downplaying it based on Tyson's results here both as the HC and our defensive performance under him. The UGA fan basically said "yeah, but we already have a HC and a DC. I just want to know how good of a position coach he is." When he put it that way I was like "yeah, I guess it would be a pretty good hire based on his past."
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    CTS has a lot of years ahead of him. He’s not quite 40 yet. He’ll get another shot if he chooses to go that route. If he works under a Top 5 team (and there’s no reason to believe UGA won’t be a Top 5 team for the foreseeable future) for a few years and learns how to run a program, someone will take another chance with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    CTS has a lot of years ahead of him. He’s not quite 40 yet. He’ll get another shot if he chooses to go that route. If he works under a Top 5 team (and there’s no reason to believe UGA won’t be a Top 5 team for the foreseeable future) for a few years and learns how to run a program, someone will take another chance with him.
    There are at least two reasons they won’t be top five after 2018...Mullens and Pruitt.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    There are at least two reasons they won’t be top five after 2018...Mullens and Pruitt.
    Maybe, I think those guys have a talent gap to close. We’ll see how fast that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post

You think Pruitt can make UT leapfrog UGA in 2 years? I’ll take whatever you are smoking.

Dan Mullen is a very good coach, but until he closes the talent gap between UGA and UF it’s not going to matter. And Kirby Smart is coaching the LEAST TALENTED team he will have for atleast the next 3-5 years. Just let that sink in for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You think Pruitt can make UT leapfrog UGA in 2 years? I’ll take whatever you are smoking.

Dan Mullen is a very good coach, but until he closes the talent gap between UGA and UF it’s not going to matter. And Kirby Smart is coaching the LEAST TALENTED team he will have for atleast the next 3-5 years. Just let that sink in for a second.
    If Mullen can find a solid QB, he should be just fine. Florida has plenty of talent, it's got to be put to use.

10. Default Re: Summers to UGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    If Mullen can find a solid QB, he should be just fine. Florida has plenty of talent, it's got to be put to use.
    Well, his specialty is QB development... that is if you like gigantic quarterbacks. I think UF should have hired him instead of McElwain last go around anyway.