TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Summers to UGA?

Default Re: Summers to UGA?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Maybe, I think those guys have a talent gap to close. We’ll see how fast that happens.

There is a big talent gap and it’s getting bigger. Right now UGA has 3 5* recruits for 2018 (4 according to rivals). The rest of the SEC combined? ZERO. And UGA will add atleast 1 more and probably 2-3 more 5*. Bama is probably the only other school in the SEC that will sign a 5*.

Fast forward to the 2019 class and UGA already has 3 5* commitments and the #1 ranked class in the country (yeah I know it’s early) with a ridiculous average player ranking of 96. And the “experts” are saying that the ‘19 class is the most talented and deepest classes in the state of GA in a long time. Which is a good thing for us as well.

As of right now UGA has a distinct talent advantage over everybody in the East and the gap is getting bigger not closer.

I have no doubt that UT’s recruiting will get better though. Fulmer at AD and Pruitt as HC....those two together are NCAA sanctions ready to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    If Mullen can find a solid QB, he should be just fine. Florida has plenty of talent, it's got to be put to use.

Florida has plenty of talent? Ummmm....ok. If you mean the state of Florida I agree. If you mean the University of Florida football team then you are wrong.

This is where UF has ranked in the SEC in recruiting the last 4 years - 9, 10, 6, 5. Thats not in the country. That’s just in the SEC. And currently they are ranked 7th for the 2018 class that’s about to sign.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 8th December 2017 at 11:53 AM.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Florida has plenty of talent? Ummmm....ok. If you mean the state of Florida I agree. If you mean the University of Florida football team then you are wrong.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fan...tennessee/amp/

This is from May, but it serves the purpose. Yes, Georgia leads in talent right now, but its plenty close. Close enough that solid coaching can swing performance. I would argue Georgia has had the talent advantage for a few years but Florida has held the on field advantage.

This is from May, but it serves the purpose. Yes, Georgia leads in talent right now, but its plenty close. Close enough that solid coaching can swing performance. I would argue Georgia has had the talent advantage for a few years but Florida has held the on field advantage.
    https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...alentComposite / https://247sports.com/Team/Florida-170/Roster puts them at 17th ranked in the country. Any FLA P5 should be higher than that.

I think both UF and the U make big leaps this recruiting cycle.

Side note ours and many other teams talent composite is messed up someone on our team page or 24/7 staff has not linked many of our players to the active roster which the team talent rankings draws from...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Summers is young enough that he will definitely get another shot at being a head coach if that's what he wants. BVG never did because he got out of the college game and then by the time he got back in the game had changed so much he wasn't even a good DC anymore. Monte Kiffin can tell you how much easier it is to be a DC in the NFL. Plus all the bouncing around BVG did helped him to sink himself.

This would be about the best possible scenerio for Tyson if he can land the LB gig. Like has been pointed out the money might even be more than what we are paying him. He will have a chance to learn from a one of the best young coaches in the game on how to be a head coach and run a program. And UGA has a ton of young talent at LB so after a few years his resume will look good nomatter what.

I had a UGA fan ask me about Tyson yesterday morning because on Wednesday night he had already heard the rumor that Sherrer was going to UT and Tyson would be replacing him in Athens. I was downplaying it based on Tyson's results here both as the HC and our defensive performance under him. The UGA fan basically said "yeah, but we already have a HC and a DC. I just want to know how good of a position coach he is." When he put it that way I was like "yeah, I guess it would be a pretty good hire based on his past."
    Plus he is walking into some serious talent at UGA at the OLB/rush end position, especially if they get Brenton Cox to go with Anderson and Ojulari in this class.

EDIT to include this... To expand on what Half said, Kirby Smart has lapped the field in the SEC east with recruiting and his talent level in that program is head and shoulders above the rest of the division BEFORE the 2018 class which is currently top 5.

He has a solid shot at 5* OL's Salyer and Mays, 5* DE Cox to pair with the 5* Anderson (his rating was bumped up this week, now #13 overall) already committed, a 5* QB, a 5* RB, and 9 other 4* already committed. UGA currently has 54 players 4* or higher in the program. That number will grow after National Signing day. That is a VERY stout number.

What? Did you even read the article?

[Florida and Tennessee are fairly close in talent. A scoring system that hands out three points for first place in a position grouping, two for second, and one for third would give the Vols a score of 13 and the Gators a score of 12. They’re about even, though both are far behind Georgia’s 23 points.]

Goes on to talk about how UGA is more talented in 7 of the 8 position groups. And they will probably overtake the WR group if these numbers are updated after signing day since the two WR commits for 2018 are a 94 and 92. If not then definitely in 2019 when the two 5* WR’s (both 99’s) are on campus. So like I said that gap is getting bigger not closer.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    Plus he is walking into some serious talent at UGA at the OLB/rush end position, especially if they get Brenton Cox to go with Anderson and Ojulari in this class.

Yeah I was including those players in my statement. I know UGA has 2 LB coaches. Can’t remember if Sherrer does middle or outside backers but either way the talent is there.

There is a big talent gap and it’s getting bigger. Right now UGA has 3 5* recruits for 2018 (4 according to rivals). The rest of the SEC combined? ZERO. And UGA will add atleast 1 more and probably 2-3 more 5*. Bama is probably the only other school in the SEC that will sign a 5*.

Fast forward to the 2019 class and UGA already has 3 5* commitments and the #1 ranked class in the country (yeah I know it’s early) with a ridiculous average player ranking of 96. And the “experts” are saying that the ‘19 class is the most talented and deepest classes in the state of GA in a long time. Which is a good thing for us as well.

As of right now UGA has a distinct talent advantage over everybody in the East and the gap is getting bigger not closer.

I have no doubt that UT’s recruiting will get better though. Fulmer at AD and Pruitt as HC....those two together are NCAA sanctions ready to happen.
    UGA finally got those bag men to step up, huh?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    UGA finally got those bag men to step up, huh?

Bout friggin time

What? Did you even read the article?

[Florida and Tennessee are fairly close in talent. A scoring system that hands out three points for first place in a position grouping, two for second, and one for third would give the Vols a score of 13 and the Gators a score of 12. They’re about even, though both are far behind Georgia’s 23 points.]

Goes on to talk about how UGA is more talented in 7 of the 8 position groups. And they will probably overtake the WR group if these numbers are updated after signing day since the two WR commits for 2018 are a 94 and 92. If not then definitely in 2019 when the two 5* WR’s (both 99’s) are on campus. So like I said that gap is getting bigger not closer.
    The article was from May 2017 so a whole season has passed which renders it pretty much moot.