TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Lunsford contract details

1. Default Chad Lunsford contract details

Got a copy of his contract, with all of the relevant information here:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017...agles-football

Lunsford starts with a $1 million buyout, which is $200,000 lower than what Summers had.

He also gets $150,000 if he wins the national championship...

Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

If he wins the national championship, we need to add another "0" to the bonus! I don't know why we even include that clause - and it's even more ludicrous to put the bonus at only $150K.

I didn't realize until looking closely over Summers' contract recently that most of the bonuses are 4 figures. Seems kind of small for a guy making mid 6 figures.

I think the bonus for winning a NC should be $10 million, just for poops and giggles.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I like what I know about Lunsford and think he could be a HOMERUN or a STRIKEOUT or anything in between...

But I have no idea why TK (or whoever approved his contract) included a $1,000,000 buyout!!

I find it extremely hard to believe Coach Lunsford would not have taken the job if the million dollar buyout was not included...

After the situation with Summer's contract, it seems our AD (or whoever) did not learn anything... So, I will tell him - if we go 4 & 8 next year we will be in the same situation as we were in with Summer's first year...

I don't think that will happen because I think Lunsford is a lot better coach than Summers, but I base that on emotion which is what I think was used to hire Lunsford...

As I said, I think the hiring of Lunsford could be a homerun, but it could be a strikeout with a $1,000,000 or $750,000 buyout with a lot of very unhappy fans...
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I didn't realize until looking closely over Summers' contract recently that most of the bonuses are 4 figures. Seems kind of small for a guy making mid 6 figures.

I think the bonus for winning a NC should be $10 million, just for poops and giggles.
    I think so, too. All of the incentives in most of the contracts are almost negligible given the scale of their base salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    I like what I know about Lunsford and think he could be a HOMERUN or a STRIKEOUT or anything in between...

But I have no idea why TK (or whoever approved his contract) included a $1,000,000 buyout!!

I find it extremely hard to believe Coach Lunsford would not have taken the job if the million dollar buyout was not included...

After the situation with Summer's contract, it seems our AD (or whoever) did not learn anything... So, I will tell him - if we go 4 & 8 next year we will be in the same situation as we were in with Summer's first year...

I don't think that will happen because I think Lunsford is a lot better coach than Summers, but I base that on emotion which is what I think was used to hire Lunsford...

As I said, I think the hiring of Lunsford could be a homerun, but it could be a strikeout with a $1,000,000 or $750,000 buyout with a lot of very unhappy fans...
    It’s standard contract stuff. Are you one of the ones wanting to give him a one year deal? It just doesn’t work that way. This “buyout” is actually considerably less than the CTS buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    It’s standard contract stuff. Are you one of the ones wanting to give him a one year deal? It just doesn’t work that way. This “buyout” is actually considerably less than the CTS buyout.
    We still have people trying to eat Filet on a Spam budget. We want the world... a coach with years and years of head coach experience at the top college level, we want highly experienced coordinators, we want a bowled in stadium with retractable roof and AC, we want cups that don't sweat and Coke Zero, we want free beer, and we want to keep ticket prices at $10 a game with free parking and a yearly donation of $3.50... amd we want to pay our coaches with peanuts and smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    We still have people trying to eat Filet on a Spam budget. We want the world... a coach with years and years of head coach experience at the top college level, we want highly experienced coordinators, we want a bowled in stadium with retractable roof and AC, we want cups that don't sweat and Coke Zero, we want free beer, and we want to keep ticket prices at $10 a game with free parking and a yearly donation of $3.50... amd we want to pay our coaches with peanuts and smiles.
    Really....can we keep the hyperbole to a minimum...The FCS is not the top college level and USA just landed Campbell one of those coaches with years of experience, hmmm like Fritz we had not problem getting either, and they dont have anymore money than us, ton of FCS coordinators with ton of experience that we can afford easily as we would be paying them what most FCS HC make...then you just went of the deep end....
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Does that 650K base include the radio/tv money or is that extra?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Does that 650K base include the radio/tv money or is that extra?
    I assume with, no way could it feasibility not include it, we are way to cheap to be able to afford more than that right?
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.