TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Chad Lunsford contract details

  1. #11

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Does that 650K base include the radio/tv money or is that extra?
    I would say no, the Radio and TV money is usually separate.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    42,283

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Summers made $56K per quarter. So assuming a similar pay rate or $60K that puts his salary at $890K.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  3. #13

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    I would say no, the Radio and TV money is usually separate.
    I would say it is, you usually heard Summers' salary listed as $500k, but $50k per quarter or $200k was the media money with the actual base being $300k. So Lunsford probably has a true base of $450k with the media addition to make $650k.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I would say it is, you usually heard Summers' salary listed as $500k, but $50k per quarter or $200k was the media money with the actual base being $300k. So Lunsford probably has a true base of $450k with the media addition to make $650k.
    This there is no way he would be making close to 900K when Summers made in total 500K.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I would say it is, you usually heard Summers' salary listed as $500k, but $50k per quarter or $200k was the media money with the actual base being $300k. So Lunsford probably has a true base of $450k with the media addition to make $650k.
    I think this is correct. They keep saying $650k and saying it’s $150k more than CTS. We know CTS got to $500k with media. They are not mentioning media on top of the $650k. So, that’s probably all-in except for some performance bonuses and allowances for cars and moving.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    It’s standard contract stuff. Are you one of the ones wanting to give him a one year deal? It just doesn’t work that way. This “buyout” is actually considerably less than the CTS buyout.
    CJAK, is there a rule head coaches must have a buyout clause in their contracts? I certainly don't think so...

    I would give him a four year contract, but I don't think there is a need to give him a $1,000,000 buyout... I don't care if it is a non-standard contract... Maybe, after the first year give him a buyout..

    If Lunsford would take the job without a buyout why would you put one in his contract?

    We are paying him $650,000 plus incentives which I don't have a problem with...
    Last edited by Blue Eagle; 9th December 2017 at 12:00 AM.
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

    JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

  7. #17

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    CJAK, is there a rule head coaches must have a buyout clause in their contracts? I certainly don't think so...

    I would give him a four year contract, but I don't think there is a need to give him a $1,000,000 buyout... I don't care if it is a non-standard contract... Maybe, after the first year give him a buyout..

    If Lunsford would take the job without a buyout why would you put one in his contract?

    We are paying him $650,000 plus incentives which I don't have a problem with...
    Just about every AD and head coach in FBS disagree with you.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Is there a link to the actual contract and not just someone's interpretation of it?

  9. #19

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    I think most AD would prefer not to have a buyout. Usually coaches have all the leverage so the buyout becomes part of the negotiations. This was not the case with CL. Some schools have even starting providing different buyout amounts for the various reasons a coach would leave or get fired.

  10. Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    We win a national champoinship, and I would personally buy CL a very nice good-plated folding chair to jump on.

    Hell, I’ll even throw in the big-*** RUN-DMC chain and glasses just for good measure.

Similar Threads

  1. GATAcast with Chad Lunsford
    By CC Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd November 2017, 09:38 PM
  2. Chad Lunsford
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th February 2017, 02:55 PM
  3. Chad Lunsford
    By BaysideEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 10:44 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th April 2015, 02:44 PM
  5. Miles contract details (new State coach)
    By 1peatfor7 in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th December 2012, 11:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •