TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Chad Lunsford contract details

  1. Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    We still have people trying to eat Filet on a Spam budget. We want the world... a coach with years and years of head coach experience at the top college level, we want highly experienced coordinators, we want a bowled in stadium with retractable roof and AC, we want cups that don't sweat and Coke Zero, we want free beer, and we want to keep ticket prices at $10 a game with free parking and a yearly donation of $3.50... amd we want to pay our coaches with peanuts and smiles.
    We just committed to giving a special teams coach $650 a year to run the program, how does that remotely support a "filet on spam budget" theory?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,821

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We just committed to giving a special teams coach $650 a year to run the program, how does that remotely support a "filet on spam budget" theory?
    We gave a head coach 650k.


  3. #23

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We gave a head coach 650k.
    It could be worse. We could have hired Herman Edwards.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,821

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    It could be worse. We could have hired Herman Edwards.
    I said the exact same thing at lunch today, "Well at least we're not Arizona State."


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Just about every AD and head coach in FBS disagree with you.
    I am sure they do... I suspect every AD and head coach wants a big buyout in their contract, but that doesn't mean it is in GS best interest to put a buyout clause in Lunsford's contract... I would be very surprised if Lunsford would turn down our offer because it doesn't include a buyout clause - if he would, so be it...

    CJAK, do you think it was a good idea to put a buyout clause in Summer's contract? If so, why?

    There are head coaches that I would include a buyout clause in their contracts, but nota coach who has no head coaching experience or even any experience as an offensive or defensive coordinator...

    As I have said, I think Coach Lunsford has a chance to be a home run hire or a strike out hire with being a home run hire a lot more likely... Unfortunately, I don't think we have enough information to give him a buyout as big as we did...

    I am really surprised, you would include a $1,000,000 buyout clause in the contract of a very inexprience head coach after our experience with Summers...
    Last edited by Blue Eagle; 9th December 2017 at 02:05 PM.
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

    JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Isn't the buyout what we would receive if he is poached by another school and not what we pay CL?

  7. #27

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    Isn't the buyout what we would receive if he is poached by another school and not what we pay CL?
    Works both ways, usually.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    I am sure they do... I suspect every AD and head coach wants a big buyout in their contract, but that doesn't mean it is in GS best interest to put a buyout clause in Lunsford's contract... I would be very surprised if Lunsford would turn down our offer because it doesn't include a buyout clause - if he would, so be it...

    CJAK, do you think it was a good idea to put a buyout clause in Summer's contract? If so, why?

    There are head coaches that I would include a buyout clause in their contracts, but nota coach who has no head coaching experience or even any experience as an offensive or defensive coordinator...

    As I have said, I think Coach Lunsford has a chance to be a home run hire or a strike out hire with being a home run hire a lot more likely... Unfortunately, I don't think we have enough information to give him a buyout as big as we did...

    I am really surprised, you would include a $1,000,000 buyout clause in the contract of a very inexprience head coach after our experience with Summers...
    Yes, it was a good idea to have a buyout for CTS. Do you recall Coach Monken and Coach Fritz leaving us? I don’t know what we received, if anything, when CM left. We got $100k, or basically peanuts, when CF left.

    If CTS would have won these last two years, he could have been gone too.

    The buyout is to protect both sides, not just the coach. When it’s all said and done, the CTS buyout is going to be roughly $50k.

    If CCL wins 9-10 games each the next two years, I guess you would be perfectly fine with him walking away without any compensation to the school. That’s what you’re arguing here.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Works both ways, usually.
    Ok, I assumed he would get the remaining amount of his contract.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Yes, it was a good idea to have a buyout for CTS. Do you recall Coach Monken and Coach Fritz leaving us? I don’t know what we received, if anything, when CM left. We got $100k, or basically peanuts, when CF left.

    If CTS would have won these last two years, he could have been gone too.

    The buyout is to protect both sides, not just the coach. When it’s all said and done, the CTS buyout is going to be roughly $50k.

    If CCL wins 9-10 games each the next two years, I guess you would be perfectly fine with him walking away without any compensation to the school. That’s what you’re arguing here.
    There is nothing that mandates that the buyout has to be balanced or equal to both sides. There are examples of larger buyouts paid to the school if coach leaves than paid to coach if he's fired. It all comes down to what each side's motivations are and their relative negotiating leverage. In this instance, we should have been in a position to to build in an outsized buyout for 3-4 years should CL leave.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. GATAcast with Chad Lunsford
    By CC Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd November 2017, 09:38 PM
  2. Chad Lunsford
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th February 2017, 02:55 PM
  3. Chad Lunsford
    By BaysideEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 10:44 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th April 2015, 02:44 PM
  5. Miles contract details (new State coach)
    By 1peatfor7 in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th December 2012, 11:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •