TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chad Lunsford contract details

Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    I think everyone understands that this is common practice regardless of experience. Our administration has deemed CCL the best man to lead our team. It now does not matter what HC, OC, or DC experience he has. He’s the man. And being deemed the man in an FBS conference means a buyout is involved.

You can continue to argue that CCL would or could have taken the job without a buyout. However, he did not. It’s in there and it ain’t coming out.
    CJAK, just for the rcord, I have no issue with Coach Lunsford - including his being able to get a million dollar buyout in his contract - and certainly have not said anything about trying to take his buyout clause out of his contract...

I do have an issue with the person at GS who approved putting a million dollar buyout in Coach Lunsford's contract...

As I have said, I like Coach Lunsford and think he may be a homerun hired, but he doesn't have the experience I would like to see in the person we hire for our head coach...

With that said, I hope Coach Lunsford goes 14 & 0 next year and is an outstanding head coach for us for many years!!
    Last edited by Blue Eagle; 15th December 2017 at 10:56 AM.
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post

With that said, I hope Coach Lunsford goes 14 & 0 next year and is an outstanding head coach for us for many years!!
    If he accomplishes the first part of this statement, we might have a giant pot of cash to hire our next coach

3. Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    CJAK, just for the rcord, I have no issue with Coach Lunsford - including his being able to get a million dollar buyout in his contract - and certainly have not said anything about trying to take his buyout clause out of his contract...

I do have an issued with the person at GS who agreed with putting a million dollar buyout in Coach Lunsford contract...

As I have said, I like Coach Lunsford and think he may be a homerun hired, but he doesn't have the experience I would like to see in the person we hire for our head coach...

"The buyout for the deal on both sides is set at $1 million, to be prorated should Lunsford leave for another coaching position within the parameters or if Georgia Southern were to terminate him. This is slightly lower than Summers’ initial $1.2 million buyout, and means it would cost GS roughly $750,000 if he’s let go at the end of his first season, $500,000 at the end of his second and so forth. If Lunsford takes another gig he’d owe the school those same"

4. Default Re: Chad Lunsford contract details

Hopefully this helps you understand. Both parties are protected