TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Default Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

2. Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Tech has a LOT of idiot fans who hate Johnson.

I doubt he will survive another losing season. Tech fans are stupid, and bored. They really want to get back to the decades of really, really awful inhale vigorously they are accustomed to.

3. Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Tech has a LOT of idiot fans who hate Johnson.

I doubt he will survive another losing season. Tech fans are stupid, and bored. They really want to get back to the decades of really, really awful inhale vigorously they are accustomed to.
    Tech will never do better than what PJ has done there as long as they restrict the academic exemptions for athletics. It's a tough place to recruit to. They will never be Clemson or FSU, Johnson has made them competitive and put them in a position to win against the powers every now and then. They might find a coach who can duplicate what he has done there but not exceed given the same handicaps.

Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Johnson has made them competitive? Some of y’all need to do a little research on Georgia Tech football.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Paraphrasing Will Muschamp, "the option negates talent". You'd have to be ignorant or blind to not see that the offense has lifted teams to heights well beyond what their talent is. Tech hasn't done that bad for a team that since Jonathan Dwyer left has produced fewer NFL backs than Georgia Southern.

BTW, Georgia Tech Swagger has an interesting breakdown of the issue and mostly doesn't blame Paul Johnson for their woes.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

6. Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

[QUOTE=half-n-half;891110]Johnson has made them competitive? Some of y’all need to do a little research on Georgia Tech football.[/QUOTE

I am talking with the current academic restrictions for athletes, they aren't allowed as many waivers as coaches like Gailey. Not sure why a "dawg" fan would know anything about Tech, anything accurate at least😬

7. Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Johnson has made them competitive? Some of y’all need to do a little research on Georgia Tech football.
    Your research is incomplete.

My dad was a tech guy and I grew up watching their stuff. They have inhale vigorouslyed on a pretty high level all through the 70s and 80s. PJ has done much more for stability than most of their coaches could.

Tech does have its challenges. They invented cupcake degrees like cat juggling which didn’t exist.... BUT you sure won’t find people chasing players around with pencils and paper begging them to show up for class.

The frustrating thing about Tech is their fan base absolutely inhales vigorously. For as big of a stadium as they have, as big of an endowment, and the fact that the stadium sits right in the middle of a large city, it is rarely even half full.

PJ is their third winningest coach (percentage) all-time and is neck neck with Oleary for second place.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Theres only two coaches that have done a better job at Tech, both are in the Hall of Fame, one has a trophy named in his honor and the other has a stadium named after him. if Tech went out and hired Hugh Freeze they wouldn't garner better results. Two Orange Bowls and a conference championship is a damn good ride at Tech.
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Your research is incomplete.

My dad was a tech guy and I grew up watching their stuff. They have inhale vigorouslyed on a pretty high level all through the 70s and 80s. PJ has done much more for stability than most of their coaches could.

Tech does have its challenges. They invented cupcake degrees like cat juggling which didn’t exist.... BUT you sure won’t find people chasing players around with pencils and paper begging them to show up for class.

The frustrating thing about Tech is their fan base absolutely inhales vigorously. For as big of a stadium as they have, as big of an endowment, and the fact that the stadium sits right in the middle of a large city, it is rarely even half full.
    I think that's because many Tech grads don't stay in the area, they tend to be spread out all over the country and world.