TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    **Thank GOD you looked that up and broke it down for me. I shall copy your hard work and save it for a future date!

TALON
    I compiled the info a couple of weeks ago and posted it on one of Tech's boards. It just shows how mediocre Tech has been over the past half century and how much the 1990 season was a fluke. It also shows how well the George O'Leary/ Ralph Friedgen years went. Five straight Top 25 years in the late 90s/ early 00s.

Feel free to use it however you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    I compiled the info a couple of weeks ago and posted it on one of Tech's boards. It just shows how mediocre Tech has been over the past half century and how much the 1990 season was a fluke. It also shows how well the George O'Leary/ Ralph Friedgen years went. Five straight Top 25 years in the late 90s/ early 00s.

Feel free to use it however you wish.
    I gave you credit when I reposted!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

3. Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Your research is incomplete.

My dad was a tech guy and I grew up watching their stuff. They have inhale vigorouslyed on a pretty high level all through the 70s and 80s. PJ has done much more for stability than most of their coaches could.

Tech does have its challenges. They invented cupcake degrees like cat juggling which didn’t exist.... BUT you sure won’t find people chasing players around with pencils and paper begging them to show up for class.

The frustrating thing about Tech is their fan base absolutely inhales vigorously. For as big of a stadium as they have, as big of an endowment, and the fact that the stadium sits right in the middle of a large city, it is rarely even half full.
    No, I think you should do some more research... For example, find one of those cupcake degrees and let me know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    Bobby Dodd retired after the 1966 season.

In the subsequent 51 years, Georgia Tech has finished a season in the Top 25 a total of 12 times. Paul Johnson is responsible for 3 of those seasons.

In the subsequent 51 years, Georgia Tech has finished a season in the Top 15 a total of 5 times. Paul Johnson is responsible for 2 of those seasons.

In the subsequent 51 years, Georgia Tech has finished a season in the Top 10 a total of 3 times. Paul Johnson is responsible for 1 of those seasons.

In the subsequent 51 years, Georgia Tech has had 18 losing seasons. Paul Johnson is responsible for 3 of those seasons.

Paul Johnson has been Tech's coach for about 20 percent of those 51 seasons. He's responsible for 25 percent of Tech's Top 25 finishes, 40 percent of Tech's Top 15 finishes, and 33 percent of Tech's Top 10 finishes. He's responsible for 17 percent of Tech's losing seasons.
    I'd say that pretty well proved half's point. They didn't have a losing season for 20 years in there... not easy to do. I love Coach Johnson but Georgia Tech has a built in ceiling that any good coach will struggle with.

So you're telling me the classes at Tech are harder than let's say Stanford?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Let's just say the curriculum is a little more diverse over there.
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
    No, I think you should do some more research... For example, find one of those cupcake degrees and let me know what it is.

I'd say that pretty well proved half's point. They didn't have a losing season for 20 years in there... not easy to do. I love Coach Johnson but Georgia Tech has a built in ceiling that any good coach will struggle with.
    " I love Coach Johnson but Georgia Tech has a built in ceiling that any good coach will struggle with."

And the TRUTH be known by some!

The ACC is much tougher lately.

The ACC is tougher these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    The ACC is much tougher lately.
    I don't see it. The Clampsons are the ACC at this time!

https://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...n=2017&group=9

10. Default Re: Paul Johnson disciples have their way at Army vs. Navy

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    This is such a tired narrative...it so difficult to stay in school at Tech...there are no easy majors and regardless of what you major in you still must take GT math!

While Stanford may be one of the best educational institutions in our country there are a host of very "touchy feelie" degrees...take a second to check some https://majors.stanford.edu/majors-alphabetical/a--z