Stop

Default Re: DeBesse!!

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Might as well have kept Bryan Cook
    LOL

As they say down south, bless your heart.
    Last edited by GSCBBA1987; 13th December 2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

4. Default Re: DeBesse!!

Not even close. This a style of TO that we haven't seen much of. A little bit with Fritz. Google it, this is a solid get! Cook's version of the option is not like DeBesse. I think you will like it!

Like the hire, but I hope this isn't a Chris Foster situation and that it's a "oh no we had one bad season the conference must've figured our our offense I need to fire my OC now" situation.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Not even close. This a style of TO that we haven't seen much of. A little bit with Fritz. Google it, this is a solid get! Cook's version of the option is not like DeBesse. I think you will like it!
    He created the offense Fritz used here. Still confused why braves is whining since he’s stated that he loved that offense. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    He created the offense Fritz used here. Still confused why braves is whining since he’s stated that he loved that offense. 
    because it's easy to complain about something you don't know anything about?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Like the hire, but I hope this isn't a Chris Foster situation and that it's a "oh no we had one bad season the conference must've figured our our offense I need to fire my OC now" situation.
    I went to the Lobos forum and asked what they thought about him. The majority of them said the offense wasn't the problem in their opinion and they were surprised that DeBesse was fired instead of their DC. Laid a lot of blame on their O-line (graduation, injuries, a couple of thin recruiting classes for OL), lack of a dual-threat QB and their inability to recruit in general.

It's kind of funny, they sound a lot like us with several posters wishing they could be more 'balanced' . . . . 'if only we could keep them from stacking the box, we'd be so much better off'. Some of them didn't even know about DeBesse's relatively 'balanced' offenses at SHSU. Apparently their QB's are like McKinnon and (injured) Ellison, which hindered their ability to do that well. Seems Davie's (HC) on borrowed time and they think he had to do something to buy himself another chance. Their fan base is probably a lot like GT's in that they don't have the historic affinity for the TO that we have, and there have been naysayers even while they were doing well, so it made it easier for Davie to make a popular decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    He created the offense Fritz used here. Still confused why braves is whining since he’s stated that he loved that offense. 🙄
    Because the little troll needs to try harder.
    Moisturize errday.

This tells you all you need to know...in the last 5 decades UNM has 2 conference titles and 2 bowl wins. One of those 2 titles and one of those two bowl wins was in a 6-season stretch with DeBesse running their offense. And they did it in today's MWC which was better than the WAC UNM was in.

Bob Davie either had a really good reason to fire DeBesse that can't be made public or he just made a huge bleepin' mistake.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.