TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast

Thread: DeBesse!!

Default Re: DeBesse!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    So you don't think we had the best team personnel wise 2 years ago?

I definitely do.
    I don't. I think we were the best coached team in the league in 2014/2015.

We were no more talented than App, ULL, Troy, USA, or Ark State.

Competent coaching is the difference in the haves and have nots in this league...not talent differences.

This is just my opinion. Again, I think we have plenty of talent...we just don't have some huge talent advantage over the top 5-6 Sun Belt teams. That's a myth.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 20th December 2017 at 10:39 AM.

I definitely do.
    No. The OL was a lot weaker than the 2014 OL. There wasn't an OL as good in 2016 as Frye and St. Amour and maybe even Daves.

Y'all seriously discount the OL we had in 2014. It was excellent and we haven't replaced those Monken guys with anyone approaching their production.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I don't. I think we were the best coached team in the league in 2014/2015.

We were no more talented than App, ULL, Troy, USA, or Ark State.

Competent coaching is the difference in the haves and have nots in this league...not talent differences.

This is just my opinion. Again, I think we have plenty of talent...we just don't have some huge talent advantage over the top 5-6 Sun Belt teams. That's a myth.

I wasn’t talking about ‘14 and ‘15. I was talking about ‘16. We had a huge talent advantage and lost half our conference games.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    No. The OL was a lot weaker than the 2014 OL. There wasn't an OL as good in 2016 as Frye and St. Amour and maybe even Daves.

Y'all seriously discount the OL we had in 2014. It was excellent and we haven't replaced those Monken guys with anyone approaching their production.

Except for when we replaced them in 2015 and led the country in rushing.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: DeBesse!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post

And currently we don't have any OL recruits lined for 2018 yet as far as I know. Losing at least 4 OL seniors after next year. Still time to develop some OL recruiting connections.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Except for when we replaced them in 2015 and led the country in rushing.
    2014 yards per rush: 7.11
    2015 yards per rush: 6.48

2014 yards per play: 7.34
    2015 yards per play: 6.41

Pretty significant drop in production.

EDIT: Advanced stats are even down further, when adjusted for opponent. We were 7th in country in FEI for efficiency in 2014 and 26th in 2015.

2015 was good but not nearly as good as 2014.
    Last edited by GaSouFan6; 20th December 2017 at 11:10 AM.

Kind of unfair to use 2014 as a standard being that was probably our second most explosive offense in our history. 2015 wasn’t anything to turn our noses up at.

8. Default Re: DeBesse!!

I definitely do.
    No sir! Just my opinion though. I understand the point he was making about poor coaching, but I think he exaggerated the talent level to try and make the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    No sir! Just my opinion though. I understand the point he was making about poor coaching, but I think he exaggerated the talent level to try and make the point.

How many players did we have in NFL camps this year? How many did the rest of the conference ombined have?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Kind of unfair to use 2014 as a standard being that was probably our second most explosive offense in our history. 2015 wasn’t anything to turn our noses up at.
    2015 was a good year overall, no doubt. The problem is that the offense was bad for a third of the games that season: West Virginia, App State, UGA, and Georgia State. All four had GSU gaining less than 5 yards per play, with WVU and Georgia State around 3 yards per play.

By contrast, the 2014 team's lowest yard per play game was 5.5. That's outstanding.