0 0%
  • C-

0 0%
  • F

3 3.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grade the Coaching Staff

Default Re: Grade the Coaching Staff

I'm grading it a solid ZERO. This staff has yet to win a game. Talk to me after our opener next year.

For the "same-as-everyone-else" schools I can see where a "C" grade is warranted. For Georgia Southern, I think the hires are a solid A. Whether that translates to success remains to be seen, but I believe the ingredients are in place.

The '16/'17 Summers Eagles looked lost, confused, timid, slow, and weak. I was impressed with CCL's ability to infuse some energy, "want to", and GATA into an 0-6/0-9 team. I expect a hard playing, competitive football team in September 2018. All I ever expected from Summers was was failure.

There's a proven formula for success at GS, including recruiting. We don't need the 183rd best lineman in the country based on the fact that he's 6'5" 350. Recruit speed, tenacity, and GATA. Let Kent State have the 6'5" pass blocker.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

3. Default Re: Grade the Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I'm grading it a solid ZERO. This staff has yet to win a game. Talk to me after our opener next year.
    That's the spirit! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    For the "same-as-everyone-else" schools I can see where a "C" grade is warranted. For Georgia Southern, I think the hires are a solid A. Whether that translates to success remains to be seen, but I believe the ingredients are in place.

The '16/'17 Summers Eagles looked lost, confused, timid, slow, and weak. I was impressed with CCL's ability to infuse some energy, "want to", and GATA into an 0-6/0-9 team. I expect a hard playing, competitive football team in September 2018. All I ever expected from Summers was was failure.

There's a proven formula for success at GS, including recruiting. We don't need the 183rd best lineman in the country based on the fact that he's 6'5" 350. Recruit speed, tenacity, and GATA. Let Kent State have the 6'5" pass blocker.
    This, for the most part, nails it.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

5. Default Re: Grade the Coaching Staff

+1

Agreed - It doesn't matter what their resume says - if they don't connect with the players, we'll continue to be a sinking ship. Grading a coaching staff that's literally done nothing is a hapless endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post