TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things Are Looking Up

Default Re: Things Are Looking Up

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    That one was Game 2 of the series. Game One was in 1986.

http://gseagles.com/news/2013/11/21/FB_1121133656.aspx
    Yep, Booster EYES. I still wish that game in 1986 could've taken place at the end of the season when we were rolling on offense instead of being the first game of the season. Course, even later in the season I wonder if we'd have had an answer for the Kerwin Bell/Rickey Natiel (sp?) combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    That one was Game 2 of the series. Game One was in 1986.

http://gseagles.com/news/2013/11/21/FB_1121133656.aspx
    I was at that game in 1986 sure sorry I missed the most recent one. Had dinner with William Banks and his brothers last week even brought out my GS hat and he signed right next to Adrian Peterson's autograph. Those were some glory days 31 years ago and now the Eagles are getting fired up again.

3. Default Re: Things Are Looking Up

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Celine Dion? Really?
    Issa meme

Quote Originally Posted by 81AUGUSTAEAGLE View Post
    I was at that game in 1986 sure sorry I missed the most recent one. Had dinner with William Banks and his brothers last week even brought out my GS hat and he signed right next to Adrian Peterson's autograph. Those were some glory days 31 years ago and now the Eagles are getting fired up again.
    Are there any more Banks in the pipeline? Third cousins twice removed maybe?

5. Default Re: Things Are Looking Up

God I want that swagger back!

I'll never forget the cameras catching William Banks puking on the sidelines that day. I thought "That kid is literally playing his guts out!" It was kind of gross, but really inspiring to see him giving every ounce of effort he had to help our Eagles win!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    I'll never forget the cameras catching William Banks puking on the sidelines that day. I thought "That kid is literally playing his guts out!" It was kind of gross, but really inspiring to see him giving every ounce of effort he had to help our Eagles win!
    Somewhat related but one time we were playing Citadel - I think it was 2014 - and the b-back in their offense lined up in his 3-pt stance waiting for the snap, and puked. I could see it shoot out of his facemask and then was dripping...and then he carried out the play like nothing happened. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Somewhat related but one time we were playing Citadel - I think it was 2014 - and the b-back in their offense lined up in his 3-pt stance waiting for the snap, and puked. I could see it shoot out of his facemask and then was dripping...and then he carried out the play like nothing happened. I thought that was pretty awesome.
    Foster had a similar game. Played with a high fever and was puking in the trash can between sets.

That's one of the things that separates elite athletes from people like me. I can't even come to work to do my desk job with a 101 degree fever.
    Last edited by Joseph; 15th December 2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Our center did the same thing in the Citadel game in 2012. The pictures I took unwittingly were pretty bad, lol.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    And Garns has a personalized color photo of William's big run at the swamp, the BIG run that set up our winning TD!, William is a wonderful thoughtful young man, like so many of our Eagles! I'd take 7-8 of those "runts try harder" kids.