TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DeBesse's Triple option vs Flexbone - crash course

Default Re: DeBesse's Triple option vs Flexbone - crash course

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    I've seen a number of NM highlights and I didn't see a single play under center, even from red zone/goal line so I have doubts they'll be any of the familiar flex that we are used to. It looks like it was all shotgun/pistol from the moment DeBesse started at NM.
    Watch the ULM game (I think). Huge run (88 yds?) from the b back. He uses flex. Not a lot. I saw like 5 plays a game.

Sorry. Got over eager and didn't finish reading. Not a flex or die guy here but find it interesting he mixes it in sparingly.

2. Default Re: DeBesse's Triple option vs Flexbone - crash course

I did see that. Most of what I watched was Wyoming and Air Force, and a lot of ULM. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention

Do any of you guys know the answer to my next question? Is DeBesse the architect of the offense Ruse ran? I guess what I want to know is did Fritz learn from BD or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Do any of you guys know the answer to my next question? Is DeBesse the architect of the offense Ruse ran? I guess what I want to know is did Fritz learn from BD or vice versa.
    Yes. He is the architect.

5. Default Re: DeBesse's Triple option vs Flexbone - crash course

What he said. Ruse was pass happy prior to arriving at SMSU under Fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Yes. Fritz and DeBesse cooked up the offense, as I described earlier, because they wanted to play both Bell and Sincere. DeBesse looks to have run a LOT of triple at UNM.

Ruse and Fritz tweaked the offense to be slightly more conventional (zone + power like most other spread teams) between the tackles. They ran less triple here . . . I think. That’s probably because we could just line up and crush a lot of teams.

So expect to a real version of what we ran in 2017. If it creates breakaway plays, you’ll recognize the similarities to what we ran in 2014-15.
    Last edited by pete4256; 15th December 2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Pop Quiz: Which season had the highest average yards per rush?
    A. 2004
    B. 1999
    C. 2014
    D. 2012
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Any college quarterback that has aspirations of playing at the next level must be able to take the snap from under center & be able to recognize defensive looks. I hope our new OC will make sure the guys playing the quarterback position for him can do both, as well as deliver the ball on time & put the ball where his receivers are able to get to it. In the pass game as well as on the option pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Any college quarterback that has aspirations of playing at the next level must be able to take the snap from under center & be able to recognize defensive looks. I hope our new OC will make sure the guys playing the quarterback position for him can do both, as well as deliver the ball on time & put the ball where his receivers are able to get to it. In the pass game as well as on the option pitches.

They don’t have to have done it in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.