Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I don't know about that.
    Me, neither.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We never use to say or do this but we are really rebuilding. Will this new staff bring us out of the "dark years part II"?, Only time will tell.
    We’re rebuilding the culture of winning (which is absolutely disgusting).

We’ve already got the players to win.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

3. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

It has never really been an issue before. Reload not rebuild was mostly in our history. 2016/17 changed our entire way of thinking and revealed our vulnerability. Absolutely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We're objectively a worse program than GA State. Think about that. Kids are legitimately making wise decisions to go to State over Southern.
    88th ranked in recruiting right now we are 114th...they beat us last year in recruiting as well, the talent gap has been officially closed. Really hope all talk of CL, Sloan and Cabral being some dream team of recruiting starts showing up sooner rather than later. Hope this does not force this thread to be shut down or moved over facts anyone can look up.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

We had our worst year ever and they had their best year ever and they BARELY beat us in average attendance. They will be breaking in a new QB next year as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if they opened the season losing to KSU from down the street. Yes we've had a bad couple of years but I hardly think the Ga State football program has passed us by. With a competent coaching staff in place there is no reason we shouldn't be able to regain some of the momentum we had from a couple of seasons ago fairly quickly.

6. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Worst thing TK did was "challenge" State with the trophy thing. Right now, after 3 straight losses to those guys, we are all eating crow. Most of us never dreamed our program would nosedive like this and we would be playing second fiddle. BTW they have jumped several more spots in recruiting buoyed by yesterday's bowl win.
    I don't know...TK continues to surprise me...

7. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    We had our worst year ever and they had their best year ever and they BARELY beat us in average attendance. They will be breaking in a new QB next year as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if they opened the season losing to KSU from down the street. Yes we've had a bad couple of years but I hardly think the Ga State football program has passed us by. With a competent coaching staff in place there is no reason we shouldn't be able to regain some of the momentum we had from a couple of seasons ago fairly quickly.
    Just because you think GS can regain past momentum (I do, too) and pass GaSt by does not mean they have not recently passed us by... they have passed us by in most categories that matter. BARELY beating us at anything is still beating us. However, I agree that we can regain momentum, but they officially will not be as easy to pass by as they were once.

8. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Elon beat us 3 years in a row too.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Elon beat us 3 years in a row too.
    True but Elon never out recruited us two years in a row or got a huge stadium handed to them.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    True but Elon never out recruited us two years in a row or got a huge stadium handed to them.
    I heard the Foo Fighters are playing the GState stadium in 2018.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1